- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 1 minutes
- Released: August 14, 2012
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: New Video Group
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Deleted scenes from Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills
- Previously unreleased footage
- Press day panel discussion
- Interview with the filmmakers
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Box Office - 02/23/2012
5 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he PARADISE LOST films stand as an example of the activist impulse in documentary filmmaking at its best....[This is a] powerful summation and conclusion for those who have already been following the series and the case."
Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky return yet again to the case of the West Memphis Three, a trio of men who, as teenagers, were arrested for the brutal murders of three elementary school kids. The directors explain how Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin, and Jessie Misskelley Jr. were arrested for the crime, and then details how evidence has mounted in the nearly 20 years since then indicating that none of them had anything to do with the crime. The filmmakers centerpiece is an attempt by the threesome's legal team to earn them a new hearing by getting the Arkansas State supreme court to define what kind of new evidence can be admitted into evidence when an old murder case is reopened because of new DNA testing. PARADISE LOST 3: PURGATORY played at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival.