Jesse Colin Young
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
Only 4 copies left
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by John Mayall ~ USA Union ~ $5.97
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: August 20, 1997
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Ridgetop Music
- 1.Swept Away
- 2.Misty Roses
- 3.Love Is the Moment
- 7.Our Wedding Song
- 8.Sweet as a Song
- 11.Street of Broken Dreams
- 12.Spring Is Here
- 13.Love Is You
Personnel: Jesse Colin Young (vocals, acoustic guitar, ukulele, drums); Jerry Cortez (acoustic guitar); Steve Kindler (violin); Jim Rothermel (flute, clarinet), Tom Politzer (saxophone); Tim Haggarty (organ, synthesizer); Tom Shader (acoustic bass); Cheyenne Young (bass); Jon Bendich, Michael Spiro (percussion); Jeff Narell (steel pans); Julia Young, Dallis Craft (background vocals).
Composer: Jesse Colin Young.
Personnel: Jesse Colin Young (vocals, acoustic guitar, ukulele, drums, snare drum); Jerry Cortez (acoustic guitar); Steve Kindler (violin); Jim Rothermel (flute, clarinet); Tom Politzer (saxophone); Tim Haggerty (organ, synthesizer); Tom Shader (acoustic bass); Cheyenne Young (electric bass); Jeff Narell (steel pan); Michael Spiro, Jon Bendich (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Jesse Colin Young.
Recording information: Owl Mountain Studio.
Photographers: Connie Darden-Young; Connie Young.
After making only two albums in 11 years, Jesse Colin Young returned with a new studio album only 11 months after releasing Makin' It Real. Like its predecessor, Swept Away seemed to mark a middle-aged outpouring inspired largely by his joy over his new family: five of its songs -- "Swept Away," "Love Is the Moment," "Our Wedding Song," "Spring Is Here," and "Love Is You" -- were love songs for his wife, while three more -- "Street of Broken Dreams," "Cheyenne, and "Sweet as a Song" -- were written for his children. Such material, while painfully personal, is typical of Young's ingenuous ability to make art out of his private life. A nakedly honest songwriter, he was never more naked than here, stripping down his music to match the sentiments, performing largely with acoustic guitar/acoustic bass backing, only the occasional instrument added for color. The album worked because of its sincerity: thirty years into his recording career, Jesse Colin Young retained a remarkable, childlike openness that invited listeners into his world. He did not so much find the universal in his particular story as demonstrate its importance through the unsparingly confessional and directly emotional way in which he told it. ~ William Ruhlmann
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Very Best of Joan Armatrading [Universal International] (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss (DVD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE