Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
|You Save:||$6 (50% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: ZSM 1701
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: January 27, 1998
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: MCA
Rolling Stone - 8/23/903.5 Stars - Very Good - "..is what fusion was meant to be."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Jack DeJohnette (keyboards, drums); Herbie Hancock (piano, keyboards); Pat Metheny (keyboards, Synclavier synthesizer, acoustic & electric guitars).
Recorded at Dreamland Recording Studios, West Hurley, New York.
Personnel: Jack DeJohnette (keyboards, keyboard bass, drums, cymbals); Pat Metheny (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, keyboard bass, Synclavier); Herbie Hancock (piano, keyboards).
Audio Mixers: Jack DeJohnette; Pat Metheny; Tom Mark.
Recording information: Dreamland Recording Studios, West Hurley, NY.
Photographers: David Oakes; Jeff Katz.
Unknown Contributor Role: Pat Metheny.
This 1990 release is one of DeJohnette's finest. A trio recording, PARALLEL REALITIES showcases the talents of Herbie Hancock and Pat Metheny, as well as the highly acclaimed drummer. All three of these players should require no formal introduction to jazz aficionados. However, first time listeners will be impressed by the playing ability of these three jazz icons. Tracks such as "Jack In" and "Dancing" display, strikingly, the improvisational skill of these three performers. On the latter, Hancock and Metheny solo, employing both a lyrical sensitivity, and a superlative ability to navigate their way around complex chord progressions; use of fast flourishes and melodic whispers dot their elegant performances.
Surprisingly, the lack of bass does not affect the feel of the music. DeJohnette plays keyboard bass to add bottom, as it were, to the sound. He also layers additional keyboards adding texture and timbral variety to the music. Along different lines, DeJohnette's drumming is less active than usual. However, he never comes across bland or restrained, simply naturally relaxed and introspective. Sometimes understated, sometimes forthright, this album is as intriguing as it is virtuosic.
Eddie HarrisCome On Down! / The Reason Why I'm Talking S--t (2-CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 17 ratings.
Based on 17 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Ike & Tina Turner Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Del Vikings 1956 Audition Tapes (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE