Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 12, 2010
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by director Renny Harlin and Samuel L. Jackson
- Featurettes - When Sharks Attack and the Sharks of Deep Blue Sea
- Deleted scenes with optional director commentary
- Theatrical trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
"...Powered by exceptional displays of physical filmmaking..."
Sight and Sound - 11/??/1999
"...[The] underwater photography is luminous..."
Entertainment Weekly - 09/03/1999
"...Often propulsive filmmaking..."
USA Today - 07/28/1999
"...Harlin turns the maze of a facility into a flooded haunted house full of traps and tricks -- more like a wet ALIEN. And he keeps things moving at full throttle..."
Los Angeles Times - 07/28/1999
"...A rousing adventure that's paced to kill....[Harlin] is completely in his element making sense out of the chaos..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 07/28/1999
"...The movie is a skillful thriller....The movie is essentially one well-done action sequence after another....DEEP BLUE SEA keeps you guessing..."
Total Film - 08/01/2000
"...[With] a star-turn from LL Cool J..."
In search of a cure for Alzheimer's Disease, a team of scientists experiment with the brains of sharks, making them smarter and faster. When a corporate executive (Samuel L. Jackson) comes to tour the facility the sharks start an uprising that threatens not only the project but the lives of the team. Familiar yet entertaining work by director Renny Harlin.
Theatrical Release |