- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 56 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 28, 1997
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Audio Commentary: Thom Mount - Producer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 02/16/1996
"...A fine place to watch [Pfeiffer] insinuate herself....[She] make[s] it her own..." -- Rating: B
Los Angeles Times - 12/11/1988
"...It's a movie -- among precious few these days -- where the drama and tension are concentrated in the dialogues, the words and spaces between them....An elegant movie..."
USA Today - 08/04/1989
"...Russell and Pfeiffer are particularly good..."
A former drug dealer trying to leave the business once and for all comes up against his best friend, a narcotics cop. Also caught in the net of suspicion is the beautiful restaurant owner with whom they're both in love. Academy Award Nominations: Best Cinematography.
A glossy romantic thriller that explores the darker side of the fast-track '80s lifestyle. Nick Frescia gets the toughest assignment of his career when he's required to bring in his old high school buddy, a drug dealer named Dale McKussie who is trying to go straight. The conflict between the personal and professional deepens when both men fall for the same woman, a gorgeous restauranteur suspected of involvement in McKussie's drug operation.