Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 14, 2011
- Originally Released: 1969
- Label: Ais
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 10/12/2007
"Stylish, sexy and fueled by a groovy Ennio Morricone score." -- Grade: A
Total Film - 06/01/2011
5 stars out of 5 -- "[A] smart, cosmopolitan, thoroughly modern whodunit..."
The first directorial effort by Italian suspense master Argento. An American writer in Italy becomes an amateur sleuth when he witnesses a failed attempt by a serial killer to take the life of the wife of a wealthy gallery owner. A stylish beginning to a distinguished career, featuring the black-gloved killer that became the director's trademark.
An American writer living in Rome is plunged into the city's seedy underworld when he is the only witness to a brutal murder attempt.
- "The Bird with the Crystal Plumage" was director-screenwriter Dario Argento's first feature film.
- This film was an unauthorized adaptation of Frederic Brown's novel "Screaming Mimi."
- Filmed on location in Rome.
- Shot in Eastmancolor.
- Distribution company: UM Film Distributor.
- Originall rated MPAA GP.