Raging Bull (Widescreen)
|You Save:||$9 (60% Off)|
- English, French, and Spanish Subtitles
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 8, 2005
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Closed Captioned - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Mono - Spanish, French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish, French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci & Cathy Moriarty|
|Performer:||Frank Vincent, Nicholas Colasanto, Mario Gallo, Theresa Saldana, Frank Adonis & Cathy Moriarty|
|Directed by||Martin Scorsese|
|Edited by||Thelma Schoonmaker|
|Screenwriting by||Paul Schrader & Mardik Martin|
|Screenplay by||Paul Schrader & Mardik Martin|
|Story by||Joseph Carter, Jake La Motta & Peter Savage|
|Produced by||Robert Chartoff & Irwin Winkler|
|Director of Photography:||Michael Chapman|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"...A fiercely poetic study of violence. Stunningly shot in black-and-white..."
"RAGING BULL is not simply the greatest boxing movie ever made; Martin Scorsese's 1980 masterpiece is arguably the finest American film released in [that] decade..."
"...[Scorsese's] most ambitious film as well as his finest....The performance of [De Niro's] career..."
"...One of the bloodiest and most beautiful reflections on atonement in the Scorsese canon....It is still one of cinema's most breathtaking films..."
"...Pesci's performance is the counterpoint to De Niro's, and its equal; their verbal sparring has a kind of crazy music to it....RAGING BULL is the most painful and heartrending portrait of jealousy in the cinema..."
"De Niro has gone above and beyond. Yet nothing can match his mesmerising performance as middleweight boxing champ Jake LaMotta..."
"[A] monumental biopic..."
"[A] troubling, exhilarating, masterfully made study of self-destructive masculinity."
Ranked #2 in Uncut's Best DVDs Of 2005 -- "'Ultimate' is, for once, an accurate description."
5 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t is without a doubt De Niro's ultimate immersion into 'The Method', up there with Brando in ON THE WATERFRONT and A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE."
"De Niro is both charismatic and creepy, finding the humanity inside a monster." -- Grade: A
Description by OLDIES.com:
De Niro gives the performance of his career as Jake La Motta, a boxer whose psychological and sexual complexities erupt into violence both in and out of the ring. Joe Pesci and Cathy Moriarty are unforgettable as the brother who falls prey to Jake's mounting paranoia and jealousy, and the fifteen-year-old girl who becomes his most prized trophy. A "brilliantly photographed film of extraordinary power and rare distinction" (The Wall Street Journal), Raging Bull is filmmaking at its riveting best.
- Filmed on location in New York City.
- RAGING BULL was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1990.
- Robert De Niro gained 50 pounds and spent hours learning how to box in order to play Jake La Motta. It was the beginning of a trend among American actors of excessive preparation for film roles.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 251 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 17,655
- UPC: 027616919533
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item