Rosa Henderson The Complete Recorded Works, Volume 3: 1924-1926
- Released: November 30, 1995
- Label: Document
- 1.Hard Hearted Hannah
- 2.Deep River Blues
- 3.The Basement Blues
- 4.Don't Advertise Your Man
- 5.Twelfth Street Blues - (31675)
- 6.Memphis Bound - (31677)
- 7.Memphis Bound - (31678)
- 8.Undertaker's Blues
- 9.Everything My Sweetie Does
- 10.It Takes a Two Time Papa
- 11.Nobody Knows the Way I Feel This Morning
- 12.Penitentiary Bound Blues
- 13.12th Street Blues - (15011)
- 14.Get It Fixed
- 15.Low Down Daddy Blues
- 16.Poplar Bluff Blues
- 17.An' I Don't Mean If
- 18.You Can't Be Like My Last Man Was
- 19.Let's Talk About My Sweetie
- 20.Mama Is Waiting for You
- 21.You Get Mad
- 22.What's the Matter Now?
- 23.Here Comes My Baby
Personnel: Rosa Henderson (vocals); Elmer Snowden (banjo); Bob Fuller (clarinet); Tom Morris , Rex Stewart, Louis Metcalf, Bubber Miley (cornet); Jake Frazier (trombone); Cliff Jackson & His Crazy Cats, Fats Waller, Louis Hooper (piano).
Recording information: New York, NY (09/??/1924-05/14/1926).
The strongest of the four Document CDs that reissue the entire output of 1920s classic blues singer Rosa Henderson, this set matches the spirited vocalist with the Choo Choo Jazzers, the Kansas City Five, or a trio known as the Three Jolly Miners or the Three Hot Eskimos, including such sidemen as cornetists/trumepters Rex Stewart, Louis Metcalf, and Bubber Miley plus pianist Cliff Jackson. Among the more memorable selections are "Hard-Hearted Hannah," "Don't Advertise Your Man," "Nobody Knows the Way I Feel 'Dis Mornin'," "Get It Fixed," and "What's the Matter Now." The latter number is one of two in which Henderson is backed by pianist Fats Waller. This is the Rosa Henderson CD to get. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE