- Released: December 31, 1992
- Label: Document
- 1.Cat Man Blues - (take 2)
- 2.When Your Gal Packs Up And Leaves
- 3.Mama Let Me Lay It On You
- 4.If You Don't Give Me What I Want
- 5.Boots And Shoes
- 6.Trucking My Blues Away No. 2 - (take 1)
- 7.Trucking My Blues Away No. 2 - (take 2)
- 8.Sweet Honey Hole
- 9.Untrue Blues
- 10.Tom Cat Blues
- 11.My Baby Don't Mean Me No Good
- 12.Been Your Dog
- 13.My Best Gal Gonna Leave Me
- 14.Wires All Down
- 15.Let Me Squeeze Your Lemon
- 16.Death Alley
- 17.Mamie - (take 1)
- 18.Mamie - (take 2)
- 19.New Oh Red!
- 20.If You See My Pigmeat
- 21.Stingy Mama
- 22.Why Don't My Baby Write To Me?
- 23.Some Day You're Gonna Be Sorry
- 24.You Never Can Tell
Personnel includes: Blind Boy Fuller (vocals, guitar); Dipper Boy Council (guitar); Bull City Red (washboard).
Personnel: Blind Boy Fuller (vocals, guitar); Floyd "Dipper Boy" Council (guitar); Bull City Red (washboard).
Liner Note Author: Ken Romanowski.
Recording information: New York, NY (04/29/1936-07/12/1937).
The second volume in Document's chronological overview of Blind Boy Fuller's life and music contains some of his most popular recordings, including the 1936 sessions which yielded both "Truckin' My Blues Away" (an update of Tampa Red's "What Is It That Tastes Like Gravy?") and "Mama Let Me Lay It on You" (a rendition of Memphis Minnie and Kansas Joe's "Can I Do It for You?"), both of them definitive versions. Fuller's gift for making familiar songs his own pops again on his next session, from early February of 1937; backed by Dipper Boy Council and Bull City Red, he delivers renditions of "Mamie," "Untrue Blues" (a version of the "Crow Jane" theme) and "New Oh Red!," all of them revelatory and unforgettable. ~ Jason Ankeny