- Released: February 6, 2001
- Label: Document
- 1.Satisfied at Last
- 2.Shining City over the River
- 3.Honey It's Just Because
- 4.Back to My Wyoming Home
- 5.I Can't Tell Why I Love You
- 6.Under the Old Cherry Tree
- 7.Anywhere Is Home
- 8.Where Shall I Be
- 9.Woman's Answer to "What Is Home Without Love"
- 10.Hobo Jack the Rambler
- 11.More Pretty Girls Than One, Pt. 3
- 12.There's a Place in My Home for Mother
- 13.Bootlegger's Story
- 14.Wonder Who's Kissing Her, Pt. 2
- 15.Prisoner's Plea
- 16.Faithless Husband
- 17.Down with the Old Canoe
- 18.I Didn't Hear Anybody Pray
- 19.Glorious Light Is Dawning
- 20.Have Courage to Only Say No
- 21.A Mother Father Baby
- 22.A Church at the Foot of the Hill
Full title: Complete Works In Chronological Order Vol. 3: 1937-1938.
Dixon Brothers: Dorsey Dixon, Howard Dixon (vocals, guitar).
Additional personnel includes: Beatrice Dixon (vocals, guitar); Frank Gerald (vocals).
Recorded in Charlotte, North Carolina in 1937 and 1938. Includes liner notes by Keith Briggs.
Audio Remasterer: Gerhard Wessely.
Dixon Brothers, Vol. 3: 1937-1938 is another addition to the series featuring the popular country duo. The brothers do not disappoint, delivering another strong set of country and spiritual favorites from the time period. What is notable about this entry in the series is how they have moved from an equal mix of spirituals and traditional country to mostly performing the latter. Because of this shift, this album ends up covering one of the most important times of their career. The only real problem with this collection is the sound quality, which tends to be rather shrill and obnoxious at times. This is a shame because their wonderful harmonies are weakened greatly by the poor reproduction. But with some home stereo tampering, this could be a great album for fans of the team as well as for those looking for some classic traditional country. ~ Bradley Torreano