Dixon Brothers The Complete Recorded Works, Volume 2: 1937
- Released: July 26, 1999
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Document
- 1.Answer to Maple on the Hill, Pt. 4
- 2.Beautiful Stars
- 3.I Will Meet My Precious
- 4.Weaver's Life
- 5.Darling Do You Miss Me
- 6.Little Bessie
- 7.How Can a Broke Man Be Happy
- 8.The School House Fire
- 9.She Tickles Me
- 10.Fisherman's Luck
- 11.At Twilight Old Pal of Yesterday
- 12.Call Me Pal of Mine
- 13.Bless His Promise
- 14.The Well of Jacob; Jesus Said
- 15.I Won't Accept Anything for My Soul
- 16.What Can I Give in Exchange
- 17.What Would You Give in Exchange, Pt. 5
- 18.The Girl I Left in Danville
- 19.Two Little Boys
- 20.The Lonely Prisoner
- 21.The Old Home Brew
- 22.Always Waiting for You
- 23.When Jesus Appeared
Personnel includes: Howard Dixon, Dorsey Dixon.
Recorded in 1937. Includes liner notes by Keith Briggs.
Digitally remastered by Gerhard Wessely.
Personnel: Dorsey M. Dixon, Howard Dixon (vocals, guitar).
Audio Remasterer: Gerhard Wessely.
Liner Note Author: Keith Briggs.
This second in the series of their complete chronological works finds the Dixon Brothers still doling out ragged but right performances of folk spirituals. Howard Dixon's slide guitar work is particularly fine throughout, especially on tunes like "I Will Meet My Precious Mother" and "Darling Do You Miss Me." The reproduction is not flawless, with some harsh high levels, but it's still a fine collection. ~ Tim Sheridan
The Complete Recorded Works, Volume 3: 1937-1938 (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE