The Fall Seminal Live
|You Save:||$2.30 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
by The Fall ~ I Am Kurious Oranj $15.05
- Released: June 1, 1989
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Imports
Q3 Stars - Good
Which CD - Performance 6 / Sound 7
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Dead Beat Descendant
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Pinball Machine
- $0.99 on iTunes3.H. O. W.
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Squid Law
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Mollusc In Tyrol
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Kurious Oranj - (bonus track)
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Frenz - (bonus track)
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Hit The North - (bonus track)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.2 By 4
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Elf Prefix / L. A.
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Victoria
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Pay Your Rates
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Introduction / Cruiser's Creek
- $0.99 on iTunes14.In These Times - (bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Fall: Mark E. Smith (vocals, violin); Brix Smith, Craig Scanlon (guitar, background vocals); Steve Hanley (banjo, bass); Marcia Schofield (keyboards, background vocals); Simon Wolstencroft (drums).
Producers: Shan Hira, Mark E. Smith, Ian Broudie.
Recorded live in Vienna, Austria and Manchester, England in 1988; Rockdale and Endinburgh, Scotland in 1989.
Personnel: Mark E. Smith (vocals, violin).
Audio Mixer: Dian Barton.
Recording information: Edinburgh, Scotland (1988-1989); Manchester, England (1988-1989); Rochdale (1988-1989); Vienna, Austria (1988-1989).
Pioneers of the British post-punk era, the Fall molded punk's ashes into an artier, more cerebral style that set the pace for the Pop Group, Gang of Four, Pil and countless others, as well as influencing the next generation (without the Fall there could never have been a Pavement). Their first live album A PART OF AMERICA THEREIN was a slightly shambolic (but ultimately winning) document of the group in performance. SEMINAL LIVE kicks it up a notch, capturing the band at a key period (1988-89), when they still had the spirit of old, but had picked up enough technique to back Mark E. Smith's punk/beat stream-of-consciousness rants with some interesting textures. There are even a couple of covers thrown in for variety's sake; the twisted country tune "Pinball Machine" and a surprisingly faithful (for the Fall anyway) take on the Kinks' "Victoria."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE