The Fall I Am Kurious Oranj
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.05 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.94 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 1, 1988
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Beggars Uk - Ada
- $0.99 on iTunes1.New Big Prinz
- $0.99 on iTunes2.I Am Curious Orange: Overture
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Dog Is Life / Jerusalem
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Kurious Oranj
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Wrong Place, Right Time
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Guide Me Soft
- $0.99 on iTunes7.C.D. Win Fall 2088 A.D.
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Yes, O Yes
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Van Plague?
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Bad News Girl
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Cab It Up!
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Last Nacht
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Big New Priest
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Fall: Mark E. Smith (vocals); Brix Smith (guitar, background vocals); Craig Scanlon (acoustic & electric guitars); Marcia Schofield (keyboards); Steve Hanley (bass); Simon Wolstencroft (drums).
Named in honor of a series of Swedish softcore films of the '60s, 1988's I AM KURIOUS ORANJ is not a typical Fall album. This is the band's score for a ballet by England's experimental Michael Clark Dance Troupe. Although nearly all of the album's ten songs have vocals, they're necessarily understated, given the music's role as background. As a result, I AM KURIOUS ORANJ is possibly the most low-key release in the band's long and amazingly prolific career. Besides the still rather aggressive title track, the album's highlight is a straightforward and surprisingly lovely version of William Blake's "Jerusalem," probably the most surprising cover ever by a band known for its odd choices in outside material. The CD includes three non-LP bonus tracks, including "Big New Priest," a radically different version of the album's opening track, "New Big Prinz."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE