Yo-Yo Ma Silk Road Journeys: When Strangers Meet
Only 9 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.06 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.92 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Various Artists ~ Folk Music of Mongolia - The Land of Genghis Khan ~ $3.98 (Save 20%)
- by Yo-Yo Ma ~ A Playlist Without Borders ~ $11.70
- by Yo-Yo Ma ~ A Playlist Without Borders [Deluxe Edition] (CD + DVD) ~ $15.37
- by Various Artists ~ The Silk Road: A Musical Caravan (2-CD) ~ $19.78
- Released: April 16, 2002
- Label: Sony
- 1.Mongolian Traditional Long Song
- 2.Legend of Herlen
- 3.Blue Little Flower
- 4.Mido Mountain
- 5.Moon Over Guan Mountain
- 6.No. 3 Miero Vuotti Uutta Kuuta - (edited version)
- 7.No. 5 Joiku - (edited version)
- 8.Avaz-E Dashti - (Persian Traditional)
- 9.Habil-Sayagy - (In Habil's Style)
- 10.Blue as the Turquoise Night of Neyshabur
- 11.Chi Passa Per'sta Strada
- 12.Desert Capriccio
Personnel includes: Yo-Yo Ma (cello, morin khuur); Ganbaatar Khongorzul (vocals); Siamak Aghaei (santur); Colin Jacobsen, Todd Reynolds (violin); Nicholas Cords, Leo Suzuki (viola); Edward Arron (cello); Kayhan Kalhor (kemancheh, setar); Yang Wei (pipa); Xu Ke (erhu); Siamak Jahangiri (ney);
Wu Tong (sheng); John Rutherford, James Pugh, Stephen Dunkekl (trombone); Joel Fan (piano, percussion); Shane Shanahan (tabla, percussion); Sandeep Das (tabla); Mark Suter, Joseph Gramley (percussion).
Recorded at The Hit Factory, New York, New York in August 2001. Includes liner notes by Yo-Yo Ma.
Although Yo-Yo Ma is an international celebrity, one of the most famed classical musicians alive, he's too artistically curious to settle into a lifetime of playing nothing but the Western classical music that made him a household name. For the renowned cellist, the SILK ROAD is one that weaves its musical way through the traditions of many different cultures. Ma's cello is joined here by Indian instruments (tabla), traditional Asian instruments (erhu, pipa), and other Western instrumentation (piano, trombone, etc.). Over the course of SILK ROAD JOURNEYS: WHEN STRANGERS MEET, this international assemblage manages to find its way through everything from "Mongolian Traditional Long Song" (featuring the keening vocals of Ganbaatar Khongorzul) to Finnish and Persian traditional music. The only thing as striking as this ensemble's international eclecticism is the skill brought to bear on each of these disparate pieces.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 33 ratings.
Based on 33 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE