Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 42 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 17, 2012
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 02/13/1995
"...Perfectly respectable....With Connery effectively anchoring the picture....Harris registers intensely..."
A Harvard law professor takes up the case of a southern black man on death row for murdering a white woman, a crime he may not have committed. Discovering the truth proves difficult, as a Bible-spouting inmate and the brutal police officer who convicted the condemned man lead the professor down blind alleys and into treacherous waters.
Harvard law professor Paul Armstrong travels to the Florida Everglades in order to overturn the death sentence of a man he believes was wrongly convicted. He soon finds, though, that his years in academia have softened him to the real world, where he tangles with the cop who first handled the case and who may have coerced the defendant's confession. As Armstrong closes in on the truth he also endangers his life.
- Released theatrically in the USA February 1, 1995.
- Color by Technicolor; shot in Panavision widescreen; in Anamorphic.
- Co-produced in the USA by Fountainbridge Films.
- Additional cast: Victor Slezak (Sgt. Rogers) and Scarlet Johansson (Kate Armstrong).
- Additional credits: Maria Nay (set decorator Naples); Mitchell Stanley (additional film editor); Shelly Woodhouse (makeup); Donna Green (hairstylist)
- Sean Connery won the Golden Globes Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award for 1995, awarded January 21, 1996.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.