Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 17, 2012
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 10/21/1989
"...Appreciably better-than-average....Swayze makes a solid leading man, but the film is stolen by [Neeson]..."
When a young Kentucky man living in Chicago is murdered by a ruthless Mafia boss, his older brother, a Chicago cop, decides to hunt for the killer. Complicating matters for the cop is the arrival of a third brother, fresh from the hills of rural Appalachia, who also wants to find the murderer, but has less concern for the niceties of the law. Undeterred by the mob's sophisticated and systematic brutality, this Kentucky boy seeks vengeance hillbilly-style -- and he won't rest until he gets it.
When the gangsters of a Chicago crime "family" murder the brother of a police officer, there's going to be hell to pay. It seems the cop comes from the Appalachian Hills where they believe in backwoods-style retribution.
Organized Crime |
Theatrical Release |
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Estimated budget of $12 million. Prints by Metrocolor.
- Shot on location in Hazard, Kentucky and Chicago, Illinois.
- Began shooting August 22, 1988; completed shooting November 1988. A new ending was shot; that filming was completed late July 1989. Released in the USA October 20, 1989.
- The last film to be produced by Lorimar Film Entertainment before the independent company was bought out by Warner Communications