The Three Stooges (Blu-ray)
- I, Frankenstein 3D (Blu-ray) ~ $11.88
- Man of Steel (Blu-ray+DVD+UltraViolet Combo Pack) (Blu-ray) ~ $16.34
- A Thousand Words (Blu-ray) ~ $31.90
- A Thousand Words (Blu-ray) ~ $9.98 (Save 50%)
- The Three Stooges - Ultimate Collection (20-DVD) ~ $74.74
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 17, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Disc 1
- Deleted/Extended Scenes
- What's the Big Idea': A History of The Three Stooges
- Knuckleheads: Behind the Scenes of The Three Stooges
- Did You Hear That' The Three Stooges Sound Effects
- Poifect! Casting The Three Stooges
- The Three Stooges Mash-Up
- Original Screen Test
- Disc Two: Digital Copy
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital Surround - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Sean Hayes, Chris Diamantopoulos & Will Sasso|
|Performer:||Jane Lynch, Sofia Vergara, Jennifer Hudson, Craig Bierko, Stephen Collins, Kirby Heyborne, Brian Doyle-Murray & Larry David|
|Featured:||Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Jenni "J-Woww" Farley, Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola & Ronnie Magro|
|Directed by||Bobby Farrelly & Peter Farrelly|
|Edited by||Sam Seig|
|Screenplay by||Mike Cerrone, Bobby Farrelly & Peter Farrelly|
|Composition by||John Debney|
|Cinematography by||Matthew F. Leonetti|
|Subject:||The Three Stooges|
|Produced by||Bobby Farrelly, Peter Farrelly, Bradley Thomas & Charles B. Wessler|
"The Farrelly Brothers have made probably the best THREE STOOGES movie it's possible to make in 2012....THE THREE STOOGES has the look and feel of a Stooges classic and possibly some of the same gags."
"Starring Sean Hayes, Will Sasso and Chris Diamantopoulos as Larry, Curly and Moe, this affectionate update is a love letter to the Stooges from the filmmaking Farrelly brothers, Peter and Bobby."
"Pop culture references intermingle with the loopy trio's iconic foolishness, and the result is a movie with some big laughs, plenty of heart and terrible coifs."
3 stars out of 5 -- "Peter and Bobby Farrelly have done right by comedy icons The Three Stooges with a film -- contemporary in tone, but retro in spirit -- that actually feels like something the original Stooges might have made themselves, if they were alive and in their prime circa 2012..."
"[A] thoroughly enjoyable paean to Moe, Larry and Curly and the art of the eye poke....It's a perfect fit for the Farrellys..."
"[I]t is possibly brilliant, a picture that goes beyond homage to become its own rambunctious invention -- it's one big eye-poke, with footnotes."
"A startlingly fun and ingenious act of nuthouse re-creation....The setting lends a fresh, hip vitality to the Stooges' antics..." -- Grade: A-
"[T]he STOOGES film turns out to be the rare resurrected 'property' whose performers live up to the skills and appeal of their predecessors."
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 217 ratings.
Will Sasso seems to be channeling Curly Howard in this tribute to the zany trio, while Sean Hayes and Chris Diamantopoulos as Moe and Larry do a passable job. The movie is resplendid with affection for the knuckleheads, but some of the bits go on too long and no one today can imitate the impeccable timing of Moe, Larry and Cury cultivated from years in Vaudville. Unfortunately, the end of the movie contains a "Don't try this at home, kids" appendage by Bobby and Peter Farrelly which is unnecessary and insulting. No doubt insisted upon by nervous corporate lawyers.
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.