The Osmonds Around the World: Live in Concert (2-CD)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 24, 2012
- Label: Glam / 7T's
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Feelin' All Right
- 2.Crazy Horses
- 3.Your Mama Don't Dance
- 4.Hold Her Tight
- 5.Dialogue...Hey Look Me Over
- 6.Love Me For A Reason
- 7.Music Makin' Medley: Music Makin / The Girl I Love / I Can't Get Next To You
- 8.Mona Lisa
- 9.Donny & Marie Medley: Go Away Little Girl / Puppy Love / It Takes Two / Morning Side Of The Mountain / I'm Leaving It All Up To You / Paper Roses / Who's Sorry Now / It Takes Two (Reprise)
- 10.Make The World Go Away
- 11.Some Kind Of Wonderful
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.The Proud One
- 2.Jimmy Medley: Long Haired Lover From Liverpool / You Are So Beautiful / Never Can Say Goodbye
- 3.Stevie Wonder Medley: Uptight (Everything's Alright) / Higher Ground / Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours / Superstition / For Once In My Life Musician Intro / For Once In My Life (Reprise)
- 4.Are You Lonesome Tonight?
- 5.Merrill's Banjo Medley: If You Knew Susie (Like I Know Susie) / One Of Those Songs / The World Is Waiting For Sunrise
- 6.The 50s Medley: Get A Job / Rock And Roll Is Here To Stay / Jailhouse Rock / At The Hop / Rock Around The Clock / Blueberry Hill / Blue Moon / Lucille / Blue Suede Shoes / Hound Dog / Rock And Roll Is Here To Stay (Reprise)
- 7.Down By The Lazy River
Personnel: Wayne Osmond, Alan Osmond (vocals, guitar); Merrill Osmond (vocals, banjo); Donny Osmond (vocals, keyboards, synthesizer); Jay Osmond (vocals, drums, percussion); Jimmy Osmond (vocals, congas); Marie Osmond (vocals); Dan Sawyer (guitar); John Mitchell (saxophone); John Rosenberg (trumpet); Dana Hughes (trombone); Eric Lindemann (keyboards); Evan Diner (drums, congas).
Liner Note Author: Phil Hendriks.
Recording information: Earl's Court Exhibition Hall, London (05/28/1975).
Arranger: John Rosenberg.
This is the last even halfway essential Osmonds album, not because it can even hold a candle to the majestic Osmonds Live released three years earlier, but because it remains an object lesson in how to put on a show. And what a show it was! As always, the lion's share of the concert was devoted to medleys, showcases for Donny and Marie, Jimmy, and the banjo-plucking Merrill, and ensemble workouts for a selection of Stevie Wonder hits and old rock & rollers. But hit singles and album favorites, all picked with a sharp eye for maximum impact, were interspersed throughout, and it would be the finicky fan indeed who walked away regretting that a favorite song had not turned up somewhere in the performance. Recorded toward the end of the Osmonds' years of true fame, Around the World's sole drawback is that the group was such a well-oiled machine by this point. It is hard to shake the impression that every last scream from the crowd was milked with Pavlovian doggedness, and there are moments when you'd swear that if Donny were just to shake his tush a little harder in either direction, he could actually have played a tune on the audience's voiceboxes. But that in itself is an art form that too few modern-day performers have perfected, for all the hysteria that they seem to generate, which in turn is another reason why this album is so precious. The audience is as much of a performer as the band! ~ Dave Thompson
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)(12)
$4.31 Super Savings
Love Me for a Reason / I'm Still Gonna Need You (CD)
$14.82 Super Savings
Live in Las Vegas: 50th Anniversary Reunion Concert (DVD)(46)
$16.52 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!