Ultimate Grammy Collection: Classic R&B
by Various Artists
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$0.22 (2% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: January 8, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Shout Factory
- 1.Respect - Aretha Franklin (Best R&B Solo Vocal Performance, Female / Best Rhythm & Blues Recording 1967)
- 2.Soul Man - Sam & Dave (Best Rhythm & Blues Group Performance, Vocal Or Instrumental 1967)
- 3.(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding (Best R&B Vocal Performance, Male / Best Rhythm & Blues Song 1968)
- 4.It's Your Thing - The Isley Brothers (Best R&B Vocal Performance By a Duo Or Group 1969)
- 5.Proud Mary - Ike & Tina Turner (Best R&B Vocal Performance By a Group 1971)
- 6.Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers (Best Rhythm & Blues Song 1971)
- 7.Me and Mrs. Jones - Billy Paul (Best R&B Vocal Performance, Male 1972)
- 8.Papa Was a Rollin' Stone - The Temptations (Single Version / Best R&B Vocal Performance By a Duo, Group Or Chorus / Best R&B Instrumental Performanc)
- 9.Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight & the Pips (Best R&B Vocal Performance By a Duo, Group Or Chorus 1973)
- 10.This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) - Natalie Cole (Best R&B Vocal Performance, Female 1975)
- 11.Best of My Love - The Emotions (Best R&B Vocal Performance By a Duo, Group Or Chorus 1977)
- 12.Last Dance - Donna Summer (Best R&B Vocal Performance, Female / Best Rhythm & Blues Song 1978)
- 13.After the Love Has Gone - Earth, Wind & Fire (Best R&B Vocal Performance By a Duo, Group Or Chorus / Best Rhythm & Blues Song 1979)
- 14.Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye (Best R&B Vocal Performance, Male / Best R&B Instrumental Performance 1982)
- 15.Ain't Nobody - Rufus Khan / Chaka Khan / Rufus & Chaka Khan (Best R&B Performance By a Duo Or Group With Vocal 1983)
- 16.Nightshift - Commodores (Album Version / Best R&B Performance By a Duo Or Group With Vocal 1985)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Author: Quincy Jones.
Music from the era of classic soul, which saw the dominance of the legendary Motown, Stax, and Atlantic labels, has been ceaselessly compiled and anthologized in the decades since the 1960s. For well-versed R&B fans, another compilation isn't reason to jump up and down, but sets like ULTIMATE GRAMMY COLLECTION: CLASSIC R&B make great introductions for classic soul initiates. Admittedly, you'd have to have spent a liftetime walking around with your hands over your ears to not have heard iconic tracks such as Aretha Franklin's "Respect," Sam and Dave's "Soul Man," Otis Redding's "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay," Ike and Tina's "Proud Mary," and Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing." Nonetheless, this is heavy-duty stuff, making it impossible to go wrong with ULTIMATE as a primer on soul essentials.
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)(2)
$11.12 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Atl (CD)(11)
$8.84 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE