- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: August 14, 2012
- Label: Hip-O Records
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1024 stars out of 5
-- "'Into Wonderland' stays just the right side of mawkish, while 'Punkadiddle,' a poke in the general direction of the new wave, is great fun."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Platinum, Pt. 1: Airborne
- 2.Platinum, Pt. 2: Platinum
- 3.Platinum, Pt. 3: Charleston
- 4.Platinum, Pt. 4: North Star / Platinum Finale
- 6.Into Wonderland
- 8.I Got Rhythm
- 9.Platinum [Live Studio Session] - (previously unreleased)
- 10.North Star [2012 Mike Oldfield Remix] - (remix, previously unreleased)
- 11.Blue Peter (Ashworth Hope)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Platinum - (previously unreleased)
- 2.Punkadiddle - (previously unreleased)
- 3.I've Got Rhythm - (previously unreleased)
- 4.Polka - (previously unreleased)
- 5.Incantations - (previously unreleased)
- 6.Tubular Bells, Pt. 2 - (previously unreleased)
- 7.Guilty / Tubular Bells, Pt. 1: Finale - (previously unreleased)
- 8.Blue Peter / Portsmouth - (previously unreleased)
- 9.William Tell - (previously unreleased)
Personnel: Mike Oldfield (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, piano, synthesizer, vibraphone, marimbas); Wendy Roberts, Maddy Prior (vocals); Nicko Ramsden, Peter Lemer (keyboards); Pierre Moerlin (vibraphone, drums); Niel Jason, Hansford Rowe, Francisco Centeno (bass); Alan Schwartzberg, Maurice Pert (drums); Demalza (congas); Sally Cooper (tubular bells).
Includes liner notes by Dave Laing.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Mike Oldfield (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, mandolin, piano, synthesizer, vibraphone, marimba); Nico Ramsden (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Pete Lemer (vocals, keyboards); Wendy Roberts, Maggie Reilly (vocals); Peter Acock (woodwinds, saxophone); Tim Cross (keyboards); Pierre Moerlen (vibraphone, drums); Benoit Moerlen (vibraphone); Morris Pert, Allan Schwartzberg (drums); Demalza (congas); Sally Cooper (tubular bells); Mike Frye (percussion).
Audio Mixers: Ben Wiseman; Mark Powell .
Audio Remasterer: Paschal Byrne.
Liner Note Author: Mark Powell .
Recording information: Blue Rock Studios, New York, NY (05/28/1980); Electric Lady (05/28/1980); The Manor, UK (05/28/1980); Througham Denham (05/28/1980); Wembley Arena, London (05/28/1980).
With this album, Oldfield began to make an attempt to break down his extended structures into a more commercially acceptable format, with the side-long title track being separated into four sections. Early versions of the album included "Sally," Oldfield's paean to his partner Sally Cooper, while later pressings include "Into Wonderland." ~ Steven McDonald