- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 19, 2012
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Tonio Costa (Mario Lanza), the temperamental darling of the opera world, is forever missing performances because of impromptu street concerts and endless parties. But Tonio's carefree ways change when he falls in love with Christa, a beautiful deaf girl. Christa refuses to marry him until she can hear his sublime voice. So they embark upon a whirlwind concert tour of Europe where Christa consults with specialists while Tonio sings his heart out. Their love grows stronger and they realize that as long as they are together they can face whatever the future holds.
Mario Lanza plays a tempermental opera star who learns that fame and fortune mean nothing without a woman to share his life. This was his last film.
- Produced by Corona Films (West Germany) and Astor Films (Italy).
- Shot on location in Rome, Naples, Capri, Salzburg, Vienna, and Berlin.
- Last feature film for Mario Lanza.