Woody Guthrie Woody at 100: The Woody Guthrie Centennial (3-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$7 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: July 10, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Smithsonian Folkways
Rolling Stone - p.724.5 stars out of 5 -- "[S]umptuous....That moral spine and Guthrie's poetic way with the vernacular were central to the folk revival....WOODY AT 100 is the pure, charged source of that legacy..."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1015 stars out of 5 -- "[Guthrie was] a real life Huck Finn with a voice like an oily rag, who charmed all-comers with a combination of intensely human songwriting and wry wit..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.This Land is Your Land [Alternate Version] - (alternate take)
- 2.Pastures of Plenty
- 3.Riding In My Car (Car Song)
- 4.The Grand Coulee Dam
- 5.Talking Dust Bowl
- 6.So Long, It's Been Good To Know Yuh (Dusty Old Dust)
- 7.Ramblin' Round
- 8.Philadelphia Lawyer
- 9.Hard Travelin'
- 10.Pretty Boy Floyd
- 11.Hobo's Lullaby
- 12.Talking Columbia
- 13.The Sinking of the Reuben James
- 14.Jesus Christ
- 15.Gypsy Davy
- 16.New York Town
- 17.Going Down the Road (Feeling Bad)
- 18.Hard, Ain't It Hard
- 19.Biggest Thing That Man Has Ever Done, The (the Great Historical Bum)
- 20.This Land is Your Land [Standard Version]
- 21.Jarama Valley
- 22.Why, Oh Why?
- 23.I've Got To Know
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Better World a-Comin'
- 2.When That Great Ship Went Down (the Great Ship)
- 3.A Dollar Down and a Dollar a Week
- 4.Talking Centralia
- 5.1913 Massacre
- 6.Dirty Overalls
- 7.My Daddy (Flies a Ship In the Sky)
- 8.Worried Man Blues
- 9.Hangknot, Slipknot
- 10.Buffalo Skinners
- 11.Howdi Do
- 12.Jackhammer John
- 13.The Ranger's Command
- 14.So Long, It's Been Good To Know You [Wwii Version]
- 15.What Are We Waiting On?
- 17.Ludlow Massacre
- 18.Bad Lee Brown (Cocaine Blues)
- 19.Two Good Men
- 20.Farmer-Labor Train
- 21.The Jolly Banker
- 22.We Shall Be Free
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.I Ain't Got No Home (In This World Anymore)
- 2.Them Big City Ways
- 3.Do Re Mi
- 4.Skid Row Serenade
- 5.Radio Program: the Ballad Gazette With Woody Guthrie (This Land is Your Land, What Did the Deep Sea Say?, Blow Ye Winds, Trouble On the Waters, Blow the Man Down, Normandy Was Her Name, the Sinking of the Reuben James)
- 6.BBC: Children's Hour July 7, 1944 (Intro-Wabash Cannonball, 900 Miles, Stagger Lee, Pretty Boy Floyd)
- 7.People's Songs Hootenanny (Ladies Auxiliary, Weaver's Life)
- 8.Wnyc Radio Program: Folk Songs of America December 12, 1940 (John Hardy, Jesse James, Tom Joad)
- 9.Reckless Talk
- 10.All Work Together
- 11.My Little Seed
- 12.Goodnight Little Cathy
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Woody Guthrie defined an era in his Dust Bowl ballads, outlaw tales, work and labor songs, antiwar songs, children's songs, political songs, and a host of love songs and songs that touched on philosophy, geography, and the hard work of living day to day in an emerging industrial world. This set, issued for Guthrie's centennial year, captures the whole story, including previously unreleased recordings of Guthrie's earliest material, made in 1937 when he was working for a radio station in Los Angeles.
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 1-4 (CD)
$6.37 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE