Alice Cooper Welcome To My Nightmare
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.02 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.97 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 10, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Atlantic
Q - May 2002, p.1283 out of 5 stars - "...In the early '70s, [Cooper] enjoyed a reputation as one of America's most original and outrageous rock acts..."
Kerrang (Magazine) - p.69"[A] career-defining slice of dark rock theatre..."
- 1.Welcome To My Nightmare
- 2.Devil's Food
- 3.The Black Widow
- 4.Some Folks
- 5.Only Women Bleed
- 6.Department Of Youth
- 7.Cold Ethyl
- 8.Years Ago
- 10.The Awakening
Personnel: Alice Cooper (vocals); Vincent Price (spoken vocals); Dick Wagner (guitar, background vocals); Steve Hunter (guitar); Jozef Chirowski (Clavinet, keyboards, background vocals); Bob Ezrin (keyboards, background vocals); Prakash John, Tony Levin (bass); Whitey Glan, Johnny Badanjek (drums); The Summerhill Children's Choir, Michael Sherman, Gerry Lyons (background vocals).
Producer: Bob Ezrin.
Reissue producer: Brian Nelson, David McLees, Bill Inglot.
Engineers include: Jim Frank, Ed Sprigg, Phil Ramone.
Recorded at Soundstage, Toronto, Ontario; Record Plant East, A&R Studios, and Electric Lady Studios, New York, New York. Includes liner notes by Jeffrey Morgan.
Digitally remastered by Dan Hersch (Digiprep).
Personnel: Dick Wagner (vocals, guitar); Jozef Chirowski (vocals, clarinet, Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards); Gerry Lyons, Michael Sherman, David Ezrin, The Summerhill Children's Choir (vocals); Steve Hunter (guitar); Bob Ezrin (Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards); Whitey Glan, Johnny Badanjek (drums).
Recording information: A&R Studios, NY; Electric Lady, NY; Record Plant East, NY; Soundstage, Toronto.
Illustrator: Drew Struzan.
Photographer: Bret Lopez.
Unknown Contributor Role: Trish McKinnon.
Arrangers: Allan McMillan; Bob Ezrin.
In 1975, Reuniting with longtime producer Bob Ezrin (who was absent for Cooper's prior record, MUSCLE OF LOVE), Cooper released an album whose title explains the subject matter--WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE. Now on his own and in total control, Cooper was able to explore rock theatrics in a way that was impossible in his band. The ensuing tour was one of the most over-the-top excursions of that era.
"Cold Ethyl" is a disturbing little ditty about necrophilia. The soft, melodic "Only Women Bleed" became a surprise smash for Alice, and there's a low-key feel as well on the chilling "Steven." The somewhat funky title track works as a kind of theme song, while Cooper's expected heavy metal tendencies are explored on "The Black Widow." Most of Lou Reed's band joined Cooper for this record. Guitarists Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner, as well as bassist Prakash John do a superb job of replicating the excitement of the original band.
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (WS & FS) (DVD)
$3.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$4.48 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- The Ohio Express Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE