- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: April 22, 2008
- Originally Released: 1939
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono - English
- Subtitles - English (SDH), French - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Introduction: Exclusive Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host and Film Historian Robert Osborne
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 08/09/1996
"...Classic farce..." -- Rating: B+
USA Today - 03/31/1995
"...John Barrymore paces the cast in laughs..."
A Parisian dancer (Colbert) works her way into French high society by posing as a Hungarian countess. Asked by a wealthy noble to lure a gigolo away from his wife, she soon is given some nice rewards, all the while loved from afar by a cab driver who knows her true identity.
Claudette Colbert heads a star-studded cast in this frothy romantic comedy.
Showgirl Eve Peabody finds herself alone in Paris until she meets Tibor Czerny, a handsome cabbie. She forgoes a potential fling with Tibor in order to take a curious job for a wealthy man, Georges Flammarion.
Given a lavish wardrobe and a penthouse, Eve is assigned the task of winning the affections of Jacques Picotn, a lady-killer who had previously been wooing Mrs. Flammarion.
Eventually, this cast of colorful characters travels to Versailles, where Georges owns a chateau. Now Eve has a chance to show her dancing talents, and Georges and his wife have an opportunity to rekindle the embers of their marriage.
One thing Eve has not counted on, however, is the taxi driver who has been saving his heart just for her!
Love Story |
Scams And Cons |
- Copyright 1939 Paramount Pictures, Inc. Renewed 1966 by EMKA.