Jill Scott Crates: Remix Fundamentals, Volume 1
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$0.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Jill Scott ~ Collaborations ~ $8.73
- by Jill Scott ~ The Light of the Sun ~ $16.59
- by Dennis Ferrer ~ My World as They Remixed It [Expanded] (3-CD) ~ $31.52
- by Jill Scott ~ The Original From the Vault, Volume 1 (Deluxe Edition) (CD+DVD) ~ $17.42
- by Angie Stone ~ Rich Girl ~ $12.58
- Released: June 26, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Hidden Beach
- 1.Can't Explain [The Ca$e Boogie Mix] - (remix)
- 2.Bedda at Home [The Rivera Mix] - (remix)
- 3.Talk to Me [The 314 Mix] - (remix)
- 4.Whatever [The Mr. Mig Powerful Love Radio Edit]
- 5.Spring Summer Feeling [The Ron Trent Mix] - (remix)
- 6.Come See Me [The B-Sharp Clubin Mix] - (remix)
- 7.Slowly Surely [The Teddy Vee Remix] - (remix)
- 8.Golden [B-Sharp Afro Centric Mix] - (remix)
- 9.Brotha [The Inferno Mix] - (remix)
- 10.A Long Walk [The Jazzy Jeff Redux] - (remix)
- 11.Love Rain [The Key West Mix] - (remix)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Liner Note Author: DJ Alan King.
The three-volume Crates: Remix Fundamentals series made the score seven to three. That is, the Hidden Beach label released seven Jill Scott titles that were either compilations or live recordings, while only three studio albums of original material -- the Words and Sounds trilogy -- were issued. Scott fans could be forgiven for being skeptical about yet another round of Hidden Beach releases to follow the singer's departure to Warner Bros. Unsurprisingly, this first volume in the Crates series is a mixed bag. Ron Trent's atmospheric house mix of "Spring Summer Feeling" and Jazzy Jeff's casually funky version of "A Long Walk" (originally released in 2001) are the standouts, and they both do right by Scott's vocals. The sleek dance-pop "B-Sharp Clubin Mix" of "Come See Me," the work of Jacques Richmond and Bruce Walker, is surprisingly effective despite its radical departure from Scott's sound. Otherwise, listeners will need to go into this with an open mind, knowing that the majority of these mixes could not possibly substitute for the originals. ~ Andy Kellman
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!