Justice League: The New Frontier (Special Edition) (2-DVD)
Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$7.99 (62% Off)|
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: February 26, 2008
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Warner Home Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, Portuguese
- Subtitles - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Bruce Timm, Mike Goguen, Andrea Romano, David Bullock, Stan Berkowitz, Gregory Noveck, Darwyn Cooke
- Previews: Sneak Peak at DC Universe's BATMAN GOTHAM KNIGHT
- "Dark Heart", "To Another Shore", "Task Force X"
- HOMAGE TO THE NEW FRONTIER
- "Super Heroes United!": The Complete JUSTICE LEAGUE History
- "The Legion of Doom": The Pathology of the Super Villian
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Produced by||Bruce Timm & Michael Goguen|
|Voice:||David Boreanaz, Brooke Shields, Lucy Lawless, Neil Patrick Harris, Miguel Ferrer, Kyra Sedgwick, Jeremy Sisto & Kyle MacLachlan|
"The animation is smooth....The voice work by David Boreanaz, Neil Patrick Harris, Lucy Lawless, and other famous folk is heartfelt." -- Grade: B-
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 203 ratings.
One of the very first animated features based on a graphic novel. Although
it's kind of short, I really enjoyed it. It did do a good job of following the graphic novel. The animation and coloring were also quit beautiful but not the best. In this story, the US have no entered the cold war and now distrusts superheroes and the Justice Society of America is under retirement. Superman and the others however are not. They want to help the world. An "island" has been discovered to be an alien monster from space. It produces reptilian and bird-like monsters in high numbers. Superman and the other heroes must fight this beast and prove to the US that they are needed and prejudice and ignorance need to stop.
You might also enjoy the DVD extras for I really did. My favorite was the documentary of the Legion of Doom, an alliance consisting of the world's nastiest villains. You'll enjoy watching this extras, learning about the nasty villains on how they came to be and the important roles they have played in good vs. evil and the history of comics.
If you enjoyed Darwynn Cooke's graphic novel Justice League:The New Frontier, then you might enjoy this full-length animated feature. It has an epic storyline but some scenes from the graphic novel were not put in. In spite of this, I enjoyed this animated film. You might also if you enjoyed the graphic novel.