- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 10 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: January 18, 2000
- Originally Released: 1953
- Label: Roan Archival Group
Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Packaging: Keep Case
Introduction by Robert Clarke
Extensive HITCH-HIKER Poster and Still Gallery
Restored from Library of Congress 35mm Print
Performers, Cast and Crew:
An acclaimed film noir thriller in which two vacationing men are held captive by a hitchhiking psychopath with one eye that never closes. Though years of more horrific violence and suspense have dulled its impact somewhat, it was way ahead of its time. Considered among Lupino's best work, this film was the progenitor of many, many films that would follow in its tire-treads and is a must-see.
- THE HITCH-HIKER was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1998.