- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 11, 2008
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Dreamworks Animated
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English, French
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Audio Commentary - 1. Jerry Seinfeld - Actor 2. Filmmaker
- Alternate Scenes - 1. Alternate Endings with Commentary
- Behind the Scenes - 1. Segments with Jerry Seinfeld thast aired on NbeeC
- Deleted Scenes - 1. Lost Scenes with Commentary
Trailers - 1. Theatrical Trailers 2. Live Action Trailers
- JERRY'S FLIGHT OVER CANNES
- INSIDE THE HIVE: THE CAST OF BEE MOVIE
- Featurettes - (6)
- Music Video - 1. We Got the Bee
- Video Jukebox
- Tech of BEE MOVIE
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Steve Hickner &
Simon J. Smith
Barry Marder &
Christina Steinberg &
Oprah Winfrey &
Entertainment Weekly - 11/09/2007
"BEE MOVIE is agreeably skewed fun....The images have a spangly clarity -- they make New York look new again..." -- Grade: A-
Empire - 01/01/2008
3 stars out of 5 -- "There are child-friendly puns, but it's also crammed with Seinfeld's trademark observational humour."
Sight and Sound - 01/01/2008
"At its heart is a sweet moral message about everyone pulling together, about doing even the smallest job to the best of your ability..."
Ultimate DVD - 05/01/2008
4 stars out of 5 -- "[A] magnificently entertaining adventure....With a host of subtle jokes, references and cameos..."
Touted as Jerry Seinfeld's first major project since the 1998 end of his long-running eponymous TV series, 2007's computer-animated BEE MOVIE stars the popular comedian as the voice of Barry B. Benson, a young bee eager to explore the world outside of his hive. As he discovers how people live in New York City, he befriends a human florist, Vanessa Bloome (Renee Zellweger), and becomes outraged at the selling of honey, leading to a lawsuit and, of course, plenty of Seinfeldian misadventures.
Helmed by directors Steve Hickner (THE PRINCE OF EGYPT) and Simon J. Smith (a member of the SHREK creative team), BEE MOVIE lightens Seinfeld's notoriously stinging humor for a family audience, while staying true to its inherent New York-bred quirkiness. This leaves room for the film to feature impressive (if anatomically incorrect) bug-oriented CGI animation and a solid supporting cast that includes Zellweger, Matthew Broderick, John Goodman, Chris Rock, and Ray Liotta (who plays a honey-peddling animated version of himself). Although it inhabits some of the same insect-populated territory as A BUG's LIFE and ANTZ, BEE MOVIE also nods to THE GRADUATE (admittedly a Seinfeld favorite) in its restless protagonist, resulting in a playful and thoroughly entertaining film that even manages to work an environmental message into its colorful palette.
- Theatrical Release - NOVEMBER 2, 2007