- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 13, 1999
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: Universal Studios
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada) Encoding
Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1959 -
Best Original Screenplay: Clarence Greene, Maurice Richlin, Russell Rouse & Stanley Shapiro
Entertainment Weekly - 05/11/2012
"Nominated for five Oscars, PILLOW TALK led to two more Day/Hudson collaborations, but this is by far the best." -- Grade: B+
Total Film - 07/01/2012
3 stars out of 5 -- "[I]ts star chemistry and warm colours going down like a strong daiquiri. Think MAD MEN without the dark undercurrents."
Sight and Sound - 08/01/2012
"A museum piece that's fresh as a daisy, textbook romantic comedy PILLOW TALK remains remake-proof because its meet-cute involves a telephone party line..."
Due to a shortage of telephone trunk lines, songwriter Brad Allen and interior decorator Jan Morrow are forced to share a "party line." The two take an immediate dislike to each other since Jan considers Brad a playboy who ties up the line constantly making romantic overtures to a variety of women, while Brad considers Jan a sexually frustrated prude who has nothing better to do than snoop into his private affairs. But when Brad discovers how attractive the other half of his party line is, he devises a plan to seduce her by masquerading as a virtuous Texan.
Essential Cinema |
Love Story |
Love Triangle |
Love Triangles |
Mistaken Identity |
Romantic Comedy |
Theatrical Release |
- Filmed in Eastmancolor and Cinemascope. Original aspect ratio: 2.35:1.
- Production company: Arwin.
- Additional cast: Hayden Rorke (Mr. Conrad), Valerie Allen (Eileen), Jacqueline Beer (Yvette), Arlen Stuart (Mr. Walters), Robert B. Williams (Mr. Graham), Muriel Landers (Fat Girl), Karen Norris (Miss Dickenson), and Lois Rayman (Jonathan's secretary).
- Copyright 1959 Arwin Productions, Inc. Renewed 1987 Universal Studios, Inc.