- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 11, 2008
- Originally Released: 1979
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, Portuguese
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Subtitles - English, French, Portuguese, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary: Norman Jewison - Director
- Norman Jewison - Director
- Barry Levinson - Screenwriter
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 04/01/2001
"...[Pacino] is as electrifying as ever..."
Pacino balances a performance between comedy and bleak despair when he adds a thoroughly detestable judge accused of rape to his already miserable client list. Maybe intended as satire, maybe not. Lahti's debut film role. Academy Award Nominations: Best Actor--Al Pacino.
Description by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment:
When a corrupt judge is charged with rape, Arthur Kirkland must defend him. Kirkland has had problems with the judge in the past, including one incident when the judge wrongly sentenced his client, Jeff McCullaugh, because of a technicality. Kirkland faces a moral and legal dilemma, especially difficult because the judge admits he is guilty.
- Theatrical Release: October 19, 1979.