Dion & The Belmonts Lovers Who Wander / So Why Didn't You Do That the First Time?
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$24.65 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.34 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 1, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Ace Records UK
- 1.Lovers Who Wander
- 2.Come Go with Me
- 3.King Without a Queen
- 4.So Long Friend (By the Way I Love You)
- 5.The Twist
- 6.Mi Muchacha (Little Girl)
- 7.Stagger Lee
- 9.Tonight, Tonight
- 10.(I Was) Born to Cry
- 11.Queen of the Hop
- 12.Candy Man
- 14.Lost for Sure
- 15.The Wanderer
- 16.My Private Joy
- 17.Moon River
- 18.Ain't That Better Baby
- 19.Every Little Thing I Do
- 20.We Went Away
- 21.Come Take a Walk with Me
- 22.In a Room in a House
- 23.Lovers Who Wander
- 24.Tag Along
- 26.It Was Never Meant to Be
- 27.Will You Love Me Still
- 28.A Teenager in Love
- 29.That's How I Need You
- 30.Baby, What You Want Me to Do
Liner Note Author: Georgia Winters.
Arrangers: Harold Logan; Lloyd Price.
This is a slightly resequenced version of Dion's 1962 album (named after the hit single, of course), expanded with alternate takes and unreleased material recorded much earlier with the Belmonts, often in startling, clear-as-a-bell true stereo. The original album per se is patchy, like most rock albums of the period, but Dion's highly original jazz-inflected vocals are outstanding throughout, and there's an interesting cover of Fred Neil's "Candy Man," which gives a hint of the folk-tinged direction Dion would pursue in the next several years.
The unreleased stuff, on the other hand, is by and large terrific, particularly an early take of "The Wanderer," and the unreleased "In a Room In a House," a big band blues (co-written by Dion) with much the same feel as "Stagger Lee." A cover of Jimmy Reed's "Baby What You Want Me to Do" proves Dion was thinking about the blues somewhat earlier than previously suspected.
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 3 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 (6-CD Box Set)
$12.73 LABOR DAY
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)
$21.21 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Doo Wop genre:
- Various Artists 100 Greatest Doo Wop Hits (4-CD) ~ $21.23 LABOR DAY
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $5.93 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Doo Wop Themes, Volume 1 - Girls, Part 1 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop Themes, Volume 11 - Love, Part 3 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Doo Wop, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE