Mr. Belvedere Rings the Bell (Full Screen)
20th Century Fox Cinema Archives (series)
|You Save:||$12 (44% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- ASPECT RATIO 4:3 (FULL SCREEN)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 20, 2012
- Originally Released: 1951
- Label: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
- PCM Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Clifton Webb, Joanne Dru, Hugh Marlowe & Zero Mostel|
|Directed by||Henry Koster|
|Screenwriting by||Ranald MacDougall|
|Composition by||Cyril J. Mockridge|
|Director of Photography:||Joseph La Shelle|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Fifty-something "super genius" Mr. Belvedere pretends to be 77-years-old to trick his way into a senior citizens' home where he helps invigorate the current residents. Mr. Belvedere also finds time to smooth a romantic path for a Reverend Watson and his fianc?e.
Robert E. McEnroe's whimsical Broadway play THE SILVER WHISTLE was adapted to suit the talents of Clifton Webb in MR. BELVEDERE RINGS THE BELL. It all begins when "super genius" Lynn Belvedere (Webb) briefly halts a lecture tour to bring some happiness into the lives of a gloomy senior citizens' home. To gain entry into the establishment, the virile, fiftysomething Belvedere claims to be 77 years old. The rest of the inmates are invigorated by the presence of so youthful a "septuagenarian," and before long everyone has taken a new lease on life. Belvedere also finds time to smooth the romantic path for Reverend Watson (Hugh Marlowe) and his fiancée Miss Tripp (Joanne Dru). When Mr. Belvedere's subterfuge is found out, the residents are momentarily dismayed, until they realize all the good their visitor has done. With Clifton Webb in charge (and with an able assist by supporting player Zero Mostel as Belvedere's business manager), MR. BELVEDERE RINGS THE BELL is never as treacly or maudlin as it might be under different circumstances. Future Ward Cleaver Hugh Beaumont shows up unbilled as a cop in the opening scene.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 3,036
- UPC: 024543810629
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Strip Tease Murder Case (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- King of The Wild (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Average Woman (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE