- Black/White & Color Presentations
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: July 25, 2006
- Originally Released: 1936
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English, Spanish
- Stereo - English
- Subtitles - Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Additional Text: "Movietone News: Stage Dedication to Will Rogers"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Four year old star (Temple) has been living with Captain January (Guy Kibbee) ever since he rescued her from a shipwreck when she was a baby. Now their happy life together is unexpectedly threatened when the town's new truant officer tries to take her away from the lighthouse keeper and place her in an institution.
Poor, perennially orphaned Shirley washes up from a shipwreck into the arms of a photogenically crusty lighthouse keeper who raises the little castaway with pluck and determination, qualities she'll need when the nasty truant officer tries to separate the two. Standard Temple plot, but better than average.
Star, a curly-topped young girl, is rescued from a shipwreck by Captain January, a lighthouse keeper. Through the years, the orphan and her surrogate develop a close relationship. But their bond is seriously threatened when a meddling truant officer attempts to separate the pair. Will Star and Captain January be forced to say goodbye'
Family (General) |
Tear Jerker |
- Copyright 1936 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. Renewed 1964 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.
- Songs: "At the Codfish Ball," "The Right Somebody to Love," and "Early Bird."