- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 4 hours, 18 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 28, 2009
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Vci Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Liner notes by author Martin Grams Jr.
- Two radio episodes of the Green Hornet
- I am... the Green Hornet audio piece by Clifford Weimer
- Before and after restoration example
- Photo gallery
- George W. Trendle bio
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Green Hornet (also referred to as simply Green Hornet) is a masked fictional crime fighter. Originally created by George W. Trendle for an American radio program in the 1930s, the character has appeared in two Universal serials. In the 13 episode serial, the city is faced with rising crime and increased racketeering activity, intrepid newspaper editor Britt Reid (Gordon Jones) becomes the crime fighter the Green Hornet. As far as the police are concerned, the Hornet is himself a criminal; this misunderstanding enables Reid to operate "outside the law" to battle criminals and racketeers. Working along side the Hornet is the brilliant inventor/sidekick Kato (Keye Luke), the only living person who knows the true identity of the Hornet. Our heroes fight an infamous racket's that's menacing their city.
Includes 13 chapters of the serial spawned by the popular radio program of the crusading publisher who becomes the Hornet in order to fight crime, with the help of his faithful servant "Kato."
Comic Book |