Teenage Crush, Volume 3
by Various Artists
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.35 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: December 15, 2000
- Label: Ace Records UK
Mojo (Publisher) - 2/01, p.101"...Enough to make even the flintiest cynic blub with nostalgia..."
- 1.Suspicion - Terry Stafford
- 2.Talk to Me, Talk to Me - Little Willie John
- 3.String Along - Fabian
- 4.Heart - Kenny Chandler
- 5.Rumors - Johnny Crawford
- 6.Girl of My Best Friend - Ral Donner
- 7.Corrina, Corrina - Ray Peterson
- 8.Sheila - Tommy Roe
- 9.Angela Jones - Johnny Ferguson
- 10.Makin' Love - Floyd Robinson
- 11.After School - Randy Starr
- 12.Here Comes Summer - Jerry Keller
- 13.Raindrops - Dee Clark
- 14.I Wish That We Were Married - Ronnie & the Hi-Lites
- 15.Midnight Mary - Joey Powers
- 16.Little Band of Gold - James Gilreath
- 17.Mission Bell - Donnie Brooks
- 18.Pretty Baby - Gino & Gina
- 19.Primrose Lane - The Jewels, Jerry Wallace
- 20.Pledge of Love - Ken Copeland
- 21.Lonely for You - Gary Stites
- 22.Baby Blue - The Echoes
- 23.Turn Around, Look at Me - Glen Campbell
- 24.Honest I Do - The Innocents
- 25.If I Had a Girl - Rod Lauren
- 26.Count Every Star - Donnie & the Dreamers
- 27.Over the Rainbow - The Demensions
- 28.I Can't Say Goodbye - Fireflies
Performers include: Glen Campbell, Rod Lauren, Tommy Roe, Floyd Robinson, Ken Copeland, Kenny Chandler, The Fireflies, The Echoes, Bobby Hamilton, Ray Peterson, Randy Starr, The Innocents, Gino & Gina.
Recorded between 1957 and 1964.
Contains 28 tracks.
The third installment of this series has 28 more big and small chart hits from 1957-1964, exemplifying the most clean-cut aspects of early rock & roll. The adjective "clean-cut" is not a pejorative presumption; it's taken right from the banner on the back sleeve. There are a few teen idols here (Fabian, Johnny Crawford), but actually the sounds take in much more than teen idol rock, covering string-drenched early soul (Little Willie John's "Talk to Me, Talk to Me" and Dee Clark's "Raindrops"), Elvis Presley impersonations (Terry Stafford's "Suspicion" and Ral Donner's "Girl of My Best Friend"), a Buddy Holly impersonation (Tommy Roe's "Sheila"), and group-vocal hits with a dab of doo-wop (the Echoes' "Baby Blue" and Donnie & the Dreamers' "Count Every Star"). Most of the best songs on the disc are mentioned in the preceding sentence, but for collectors, the main attractions might be the relative abundance of high and low chart hits that don't often make it onto compilations, like Donnie Brooks' "Mission Bell," Jerry Wallace's "Primrose Lane," Ken Copeland's "Pledge of Love" (covered in the early '60s by Bobby Fuller), Glen Campbell's original small hit version of "Turn Around, Look at Me" (from a 1961 Crest single), and Kenny Chandler's "Heart" (also a low-charting single for Wayne Newton). It's certainly true that, other than the odd classic, this is certainly innocuous and lightweight fluff. But as such compilations (including some others on Ace) go, it has more variety than most, and can therefore be recommended for those who want to dig into these kinds of sounds and pick up some material to which they might not have been overexposed. ~ Richie Unterberger
Sings American Folk Songs / Hand-Clapping Gospel Songs (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE