- Number of Discs: 4
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 10 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 14, 2009
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Lions Gate
- 4-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Box Set
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- "Birth of an Independent Woman,” video featurette examining the rise of female independence in the 1960s, from housewives to working women.
- "An Era of Style,” video taking a close look into the fashion of the 1960s and its influence on designers today.
- "Time Capsule,” video featurettes and picture text galleries examining historical events mentioned in the second season.
- "MAD MEN Commentaries,” feature-length audio commentaries on all episodes
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Matthew Weiner, a writer and executive producer for THE SOPRANOS, may have set this series in the picture-perfect 1960s, but his characters are just as scheming as the mobsters on his last show. MAD MEN takes place on Manhattan's Madison Avenue at the fictional ad agency of Sterling Cooper. Creative director Don Draper (Jon Hamm) rules the halls of his company and the hearts of every woman he meets, while his wife, Betty (January Jones), struggles to be the perfect mate and mother in an upstate suburb. But just as in the world of advertising, Don may not be all that he appears.
In MAD MEN, the glass ceiling is dangerously low, and sexism reigns in a way that may shock modern viewers. But this isn't the prim '60s of THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW; Weiner's characters seduce, smoke, and swig with abandon--often within the walls of Sterling Cooper. MAD MEN takes equal parts substance and style to create an addictive cocktail that has fully earned its numerous Emmy and Golden-Globe wins for Best Dramatic Series and Best Actor in a Drama. This collection includes all 13 episodes of the series' second season.
The second season of MAD MEN, the groundbreaking series from AMC that critics are calling one of TV's best-ever dramas, is now available on Blu-ray disc and DVD. The set includes all 13 episodes from the Golden Globe(r) winning season, plus innov ative special features that explore the MAD MEN era. Available as a limited-edition DVD packaged in a sleek shirt box with see-through window.
Set in 1960s New York City, MAD MEN explores the glamorous and ego-driven "Golden Age” of advertising, where everyone is selling something and nothing is ever what it seems. And no one plays the game better than Don Draper (Golden Globe(r) - winner Jon Hamm), Madison Avenue's biggest ad man – and ladies' man – in the business. Returning for its second season, the Golden Globe®-winning series for Best TV Drama and Actor continues to blur the lines between truth and lies, perception and reality. The world of MAD MEN is moving in a new direction -- can Sterling Cooper keep up' Meanwhile, the private life of Don Draper becomes complicated in a new way. What is the cost of his secret identity'