Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 7, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Extraction mode: infiltrate the movie's imaginative landscape to learn how Christopher Nolan, Leonardo Dicaprio and the cast and crew designed and achieved the film's signature moments
- Dreams: cinema of the subconscious can the dream world be a fully functional parallel reality' Joseph Gordon-Levitt and leading scientists take you to the cutting edge of dream research
- Inception: the cobol job comic prologue in full animation and motion: see the events that led to the beginning of the movie
- 5.1 Soundtrack selections from Hans Zimmer's versatile score
- Conceptual art, promotional art and trailer/tv spot galleries
- Exclusively via bd live project somnacin: confidential files access highly secure files that reveal the inception of the dream-share technology
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Box Office - 07/05/2010
5 stars out of 5 -- "A bold, inventive, audacious entertainment, INCEPTION charts a new course for motion pictures and sets the bar very, very high."
Rolling Stone - 07/08/2010
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "The visuals, shot by the gifted Wally Pfister on locations from the steaming heat of Morocco to the snow-capped Alps, are astounding....A knockout."
A.V. Club - 07/14/2010
"[T]he vast cryptogram of INCEPTION has a core of real emotion....The film is an imposing, prismatic achievement..." -- Grade: A-
Chicago Sun-Times - 07/14/2010
4 stars out of 4 -- "The movie is all about process, about fighting our way through enveloping sheets of reality and dream, reality within dreams, dreams without reality. It's a breathtaking juggling act..."
Hollywood Reporter - 07/05/2010
"[E]asily the most original movie in ages....Credit cinematographer Wally Pfister with so neatly blending the real and surreal without any hokey moments."
Entertainment Weekly - 07/23/2010
"It's a rollicking explosion of images as hypnotizing and sharply angled as any in a drawing by M.C. Escher or a state-of-the-biz videogame..." -- Grade: B+
Los Angeles Times - 07/16/2010
4 stars out of 5 -- "[A] tremendously exciting science-fiction thriller....This is a popular entertainment with a knockout punch so intense and unnerving it'll have you worrying if it's safe to close your eyes at night."
USA Today - 07/17/2010
"DiCaprio is terrific as the guilt-ridden Dom....Nolan has fashioned a story rich in off-kilter grandeur."
Premiere - 07/16/2010
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "INCEPTION is one of the best sci-fi movies of the new century, a mind-better about dreams as public spaces."
New York Times - 07/15/2010
"[V]isually arresting....You see some things that are pretty amazing, and amazingly pretty..."
Washington Post - 07/15/2010
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "INCEPTION is that rare film that can be enjoyed on superficial and progressively deeper levels, a feat that uncannily mimics the mind-bending journey its protagonist takes."
Uncut - 07/16/2010
"Nolan orchestrates the multiple action strands with tremendous dexterity....It all looks as spectacular as you'd hope."
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2010
"[T]here are impressive Escher-like impossible staircases, startling uses of slo-mo and weightlessness and a neat address of the way dreams have no establishing shots or transitional scenes..."
USA Today - 12/31/2010
Included in USA Today's "10 Best Films Of 2010" -- "[B]rilliantly realized by writer/director Christopher Nolan."
Rolling Stone - 12/24/2010
Ranked #2 in Rolling Stone's "10 Best Movies Of 2010" -- "[A] visionary milestone that gets better and digs deeper each time you see it."
Total Film - 01/01/2011
5 stars out of 5 -- "INCEPTION is an extraordinary movie...It's an original, impossibly imaginative arthouse psycho-thriller..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 12/16/2010
Included in Roger Ebert's "The Best Films of 2010" -- "It's a breathtaking juggling act by writer-director Christopher Nolan..."
Visionary filmmaker Christopher Nolan (MEMENTO, THE DARK KNIGHT) writes and directs this psychological sci-fi action film about a thief who possesses the power to enter into the dreams of others. Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) doesn't steal things, he steals ideas. By projecting himself deep into the subconscious of his targets, he can glean information that even the best computer hackers can't get to. In the world of corporate espionage, Cobb is the ultimate weapon. But even weapons have their weakness, and when Cobb loses everything, he's forced to embark on one final mission in a desperate quest for redemption. This time, Cobb won't be harvesting an idea, but sowing one. Should he and his team of specialists succeed, they will have discovered a new frontier in the art of psychic espionage. They've planned everything to perfection, and they have all the tools to get the job done. Their mission is complicated, however, by the sudden appearance of a malevolent foe that seems to know exactly what they're up to, and precisely how to stop them.