Kevin Ayers Joy of a Toy
13 copies available
|You Save:||$0.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Kevin Ayers ~ The Confessions of Doctor Dream and Other Stories [Remastered] [Bonus Tracks] ~ $9.90
- by Miles Davis ~ Setlist: The Very Best of Miles Davis Live ~ $12.68
- by Kevin Ayers ~ Shooting at the Moon ~ $14.76
- by Soft Machine ~ Volume Two ~ $21.95
- by Kevin Ayers ~ Yes We Have No Mananas ~ $14.81
- Released: June 9, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: EMI Europe Generic
Rolling Stone - 10/30/03, p.924 stars out of 5 - "...[A] feast of bent-pop frolic and ravishing balladry..."
- 1.Joy of a Toy Continued
- 2.Town Feeling
- 3.The Clarietta Rag
- 4.Girl on a Swing
- 5.Song for Insane Times
- 6.Stop This Train (Again Doing It)
- 7.Eleanor's Cake (Which Ate Her)
- 8.The Lady Rachel
- 9.Oleh Oleh Bandu Bandong
- 10.All This Crazy Gift of Time
- 11.Religious Experience (Singing a Song in the Morning)
- 12.The Lady Rachel - (Extended First Mix)
- 13.Soon Soon Soon
- 14.Religious Experience (Singing a Song in the Morning)
- 15.The Lady Rachel
- 16.Singing a Song in the Morning
Personnel includes: Kevin Ayers (vocals); Paul Buckmaster (cello); Paul Minns (oboe); David Bedford (piano); Mike Ratledge (keyboards); Hugh Hopper, Jeff Clyne (bass); Robert Wyatt, Rob Tait (drums); Jean, Mary, Cyrille Ayers, Sean Murphy (background vocals).
CD contains 6 bonus tracks.
Personnel: Kevin Ayers (vocals, guitar); Robert Wyatt (vocals, drums); Sean Murphy (vocals); Paul Buckmaster (cello); Paul Minns (oboe); David Bedford (piano, keyboards); Mike Ratledge (keyboards); Rob Tait (drums).
Audio Mixers: Paschal Byrne; Mark Powell.
Audio Remasterer: Peter Mew.
Liner Note Authors: Mark Powell; Roger Dopson.
Recording information: 09/1969-02/1972.
Photographers: Gered Mankowitz; Laurie Asprey.
Arranger: David Bedford.
Ayers left the Soft Machine for a solo career when his basic pop leanings appeared at odds with the intense jazz/rock of his former colleagues. This album was a cult favourite at the end of the 60s for no reason other than that Ayers was well liked because he was ever so slightly mad. Take a look and listen at the content of this album: 'Song For Insane Times', 'Eleanor's Cake (Which Ate Her)' and 'Stop This Train (Again Doing It)'. Through the haze of quirkiness there is a strong light melodic feel to much of the music, and Ayers did possess a heartbreaker voice that prompted one woman to state, 'he is the sexiest man in the world'.
The Confessions of Doctor Dream and Other Stories... (CD)(2)
$9.90 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE