Poetic Justice (Widescreen)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.54 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.45 (45% Off)|
- Bios and Filmographies
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 16, 1999
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - French
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Bios & Filmographies
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Janet Jackson, Tupac Shakur, Tyra Ferrell & Regina King|
|Performer:||Joe Torry, Roger Guenveur Smith, Regina King & Tyra Ferrell|
|Directed by||John Singleton|
|Director of Photography:||Peter Lyons Collister|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
Where water is not thirsty/And bread loaf is not stone
I came up with one thing/And I don't believe I'm wrong
That nobody,/But nobody/Can make it out here alone."
There are some millionaires/With money they can't use
Their wives run round like banshees
Their children sing the blues
They've got expensive doctors/to cure their hearts of stone.
But nobody/No nobody/Can make it out here alone.
Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody/Can make it out here alone.
Now if you listen closely/I'll tell you what I know
Storm clouds are gathering/The wind is gonna blow
The race of man is suffering/And I can hear the moan,
Cause nobody./But nobody
Can make it out here alone."
"...Nothing less than an attempt to celebrate the creative impulse as a means of salvation..."
"...Jackson proves herself a natural in front of the camera....Shakur has the juicier part and turns in truly outstanding work..."
"...POETIC JUSTICE unwinds like a road picture from the early 1970s....Janet Jackson provides a lovable center for it..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
A mismatched pair pushed together on a road trip from South Central L.A. to Oakland, Justice (Jackson) and Lucky (Tupac Shakur) have only one thing in common: they can't stand each other. But as their friends Lesha and Chicago (Regina King and Joe Torry) fight - and make up - in the back of the van, Justice and Lucky find themselves reluctantly drawn together. After a surprising detour toward romance, the two travelers are confronted once again by the shocking violence they thought they'd left behind. Featuring the music of Naughty by Nature and Tony! Toni! Tone! and the poetry of Maya Angelou, Poetic Justice is every bit as intense, original and unforgettable as Boyz N The Hood.
- The film was shot on location in Los Angeles, Oakland, and along the Pacific Coast Highway.
- The soundtrack includes music by Pete Rock and C. L. Smooth, Usher, TLC, Tony! Toni! Tone!, Naughty by Nature, and Babyface.
- The Maya Angelou poems used are: "Alone," "In a Time," "Phenomenal Woman," "A Kind of Love, Some Say," and "A Conceit."
- POETIC JUSTICE was star Janet Jackson's feature film acting debut. In addition to being a hugely successful singer-songwriter, she has appeared in a number of television series, including DIFF'RENT STROKES, FAME, and GOOD TIMES.
- Janet Jackson and John Singleton went to the same junior high school. They met again when they were both visiting the set of Steven Spielberg's HOOK.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 98 ratings.
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.