That'll Flat Git It!, Volume 22
by Various Artists
- Released: October 4, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Bear Family
- 1.Little Jimmy Dickens(I Got) A Hole in My Pocket
- 2.The Collins KidsHoy Hoy
- 3.Johnny HortonI'm Coming Home
- 4.Sid King & The Five StringsPurr, Kitty, Purr
- 5.Marty RobbinsThat's All Right
- 6.Cliff JohnsonGo Away Hound Dog
- 7.Jimmy MurphySixteen Tons Rock 'N' Roll
- 8.Sid King & The Five StringsSag, Drag and Fall
- 9.Johnny HortonHony Tonk Man
- 10.The Collins KidsHop, Skip and Jump
- 11.Marty RobbinsMean Mama Blues
- 12.Jimmy MurphyGranpaw's a Cat
- 13.Sid King & The Five StringsLet 'Er Roll
- 14.Bobby LordEverybody's Rockin' But Me
- 15.Ronnie SelfRocky Road Blues
- 16.Johnny HortonHonky Tonk Hardwood Floor
- 17.The Collins KidsParty
- 18.Sid King & The Five StringsWhen My Baby Left Me
- 19.Marty RobbinsTennessee Toddy
- 20.Jimmy MurphyBaboon Boogie
- 21.Freddie HartDig Boy Dig
- 22.Ersel HickeyGoin' Down That Road
- 23.Ronnie SelfBig Fool
- 24.Marty RobbinsLong Tall Sally
- 25.Johnny HortonHonk Tonk Mind (The Woman I Need)
- 26.The Collins KidsBeetle-Bug-Bop
- 27.Jimmy MurphyMy Gal Dottie
- 28.Onie WheelerGoing Back to the City
- 29.Bobby LordNo More, No More, No More
- 30.Ronnie SelfBop a Lena
Performers include: Carl Perkins, Johnny Horton, Ronnie Self, Collins Kids.
Personnel: Irwin Clifford Johnson, Bobby Lord , Sidney Erwin, Jimmy Murphy, Johnny Horton, Little Jimmy Dickens, Marty Robbins, Ronnie Self (vocals, guitar); Onie Wheeler (vocals, harmonica); Ersel Hickey, Freddie Hart (vocals); Grady Martin (guitar, electric guitar); Chet Atkins, Jack Shook, James "Hal" Smith , Gerald Tomlinson, Bill Erwin, Herbert L. "Cousin Herb" Henson, Jimmy Rollins, Hillous Butrum, Hank Garland, Harold Bradley, Sebastian Mure, Al Casamenti, Joe Maphis, Johnny Bond, Ray Edenton, Merle Travis (guitar); Don Helms, John Robinson , James Farmer, Noel Boggs, Buddy Emmons (steel guitar); Thomas Lee Jackson Jr., Dale Potter, Donald Slayman, Margie Ann Warren, Henry Newton "Tommy" Vaden, Cecil Bower, Jerry Rivers (fiddle); Floyd Cramer (piano, organ); James Royce Hall , Dudley Brooks, James A. "Jimmy" Pruett, "Papa" John Gordy, W Wardle, Marvin Hughes, Owen Bradley, Bill Simmons , Allen Harris (piano); David L. White , Jimmy Gossett, Marion Z. "Pee Wee" Adams, Milton Curtis "Muddy" Berry, William F. Pecchi, Farris Coursey, Buddy Harman (drums).
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
Recording information: Bradley Film & Recording Studios, Nashville, TN (10/30/1954-05/20/1958); Castle Studio, Nashville, TN (10/30/1954-05/20/1958); Columbia Studio, New York, NY (10/30/1954-05/20/1958); Jim Beck Studio, Dallas, TX (10/30/1954-05/20/1958); Owen Bradley Studio, Nashville, TN (10/30/1954-05/20/1958); Radio Recorders, Hollywood, CA (10/30/1954-05/20/1958).
Illustrator: R.A. Andreas.
Photographer: R.A. Andreas.
That'll Flat Git It!, Vol. 22: Rockabilly from the Vaults of Columbia Records isn't as wild as other volumes in this Bear Family series, but that doesn't mean it lacks gutsy cuts. The focus of these tracks leans more toward the country side of rockabilly, featuring songs by Little Jimmy Dickens, Johnny Horton, Marty Robbins, and Freddie Hart, all sounding a bit more hopped up here than on later recordings. Of course, there are a few out-and-out screamers among the bunch, such as Ronnie Self's frantic "Bop A Lena" and Bobby Lord's equally feverish "No More, No More, No More." ~ Al Campbell
King of Country Music [Bear Family Box Set] (2-CD)
$41.84 Super Savings
There's Been a Change in Me (1951-1955) (7-CD Box Set)
$167.39 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE