- Commentary for the pilot episode with Executive Producers Kevin S. Bright, Marta Kuffman and Davis Crane
- Featurette - Friends of "Friends" - A video guide to Season One's special guest appearances
- A Peek at Central Perk - An interactive map with insider stories from the crew
- "How Well Do You Know Your Friends" - Trivia Game
- Cast Profiles
- Number of Discs: 4
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 9 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 30, 2002
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Warner Home Video
- 4-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary (Pilot Episode):
- Kevin S. Bright - Producer 2. Marta Kauffman - Producer 3. David Crane - Producer
Trailers: SEASON 2
- Interactive Menus
- Episode Access
- Interactive Games: HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOUR FRIENDS'
- A PEEK AT CENTRAL PERK
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 05/10/2002
"...What's startling about watching FRIENDS' year-one compilation is how little everything but the coifs has changed. The writing was just as witty, the characters were just as sharply defined..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Fans asked. We listened. And now the Complete First Season of the smash hit Number 1 series arrives on DVD for the first time ever.
Episodes include "The One where Nana Dies Twice," "The One where the Monkey Gets Away" and "The One Where Rachel Finds Out."
In addition to scoring one of the biggest surprise hits in television history, NBC generated a veritable pop culture phenomenon with its twentysomething sitcom smash FRIENDS. Set in New York City, the series chronicled the lives of six best friends as they navigated through the ups and downs of romance and career from the confines of their local coffee shop and some pretty fabulous Manhattan apartments. While the series originally rode to success on the coattails of its Thursday night predecessor SEINFELD, what differentiated FRIENDS from the rash of copycat sitcoms that followed--and made it a bona fide hit in its own right--was the unique chemistry of its fine ensemble cast: Courtney Cox as neurotic clean freak Monica; David Schwimmer as her endearingly hangdog brother Ross; Matt LeBlanc as none-too-bright actor-wannabe Joey Tribbiani; Matthew Perry as sarcastic computer programmer Chandler Bing; Lisa Kudrow as goofy new-age free spirit Phoebe Buffay; and, of course, Jennifer Aniston as reformed spoiled rich girl Rachel Green (whose highly influential fashion sense launched a thousand hairstyles). This collection includes every episode from the popular series' debut season, which featured guest appearances by George Clooney and Noah Wylie.