- Restoration Comparison
- Theatrical Trailer
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: July 11, 2006
- Originally Released: 1942
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
- Mono - English, Spanish, French
- Stereo - English
- Subtitles - Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Comparisons: Restoration Comparison
- Audio Commentary: Rudy Behlmer - Film Historian; Maureen O'Hara - Star
- Theatrical Trailer
- Previews - A HIGH WIND IN JAMAICA
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1942 -
Best Cinematography: Leon Shamroy
Description by OLDIES.com:
Tyrone Power and Maureen O'Hara cross romantic swords in this epic Oscar-winning swashbuckler about a pirate determined to reform his thieving ways - after he steals one last heart!
Recently reformed pirate Jamie Boy (Power) is supposed to be helping the new governor of Jamaica, Captain Morgan, rid the Caribbean of black-hearted buccaneers. But when Jamie falls head over keel for the heavenly - but hotheaded - Lady Margaret (O'Hara), he gives caution the heave-ho, kidnaps Margaret and sets sail for the adventure of a lifetime! Packed with "action, excitement, thundering guns and a maiden in distress" (Variety), this "brawny, blood-curdling" (Look Magazine) high-seas saga remains a rollicking, "timeless pleasure" (Los Angeles Times)!
After receiving the governorship of Jamaica, former pirate Henry Morgan--now Sir Henry Morgan--dispatches his able first mate, James Waring, to dispense of his former henchman, the red-headed villain Captain Billy Leech (George Sanders) and his fighting ship, the Black Swan. In the process, Waring, also a pirate turned loyal subject, abducts Margaret Denby (Maureen O'Hara), a young woman of aristocratic bearing. Margaret fights him tooth and nail up until a battle between Waring and Leech changes the way she feels about her captor. Power brings a winning mix of gallantry and roguishness into the role of Waring, while the film itself harbors the perfect recipe for entertainment between its passionate romance, lush photography, adventure on the high seas, and outlandish characters from both fact and fiction.
- Filmed in 3 strip Technicolor.