- Languages: English, Spanish, French
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 20, 2003
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Additional Release Material:
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Robert Redford, George Segal and Zero Mostel head a crack cast in this hilarious comedy about jewel thieves out to score the biggest heist of their lives.
When John Dortmunder (Redford) learns that a huge, rare diamond is just waiting to be lifted in Manhattan, he assembles a team of pros to try to steal the stone. But all that glitters is not easily gotten, and, despite their careful planning and execution, actually stealing the gem proves a challenge far greater than any of the men bargained for.
THE HOT ROCK is an hysterical heist picture in which a sophisticated gang of thieves (including Robert Redford, George Segal, and Zero Mostel) falls victim to a slapstick comedy of errors while trying to lift a giant diamond from a heavily guarded museum. The screenplay by William Goldman is based on the novel by Donald E. Westlake.
Theatrical Release |
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Additional cast: Topo Swope (Clara), Seth Allen (Hippied), Robert Levine (Cop at Police Station), and Lynne Gordon (Miasmo).
- Additional credits: Joe Dehn (wardrobe), Ira Anderson Jr. (special mechanical effects), and John Foster (helicopter pilot).
- Soundtrack musicians: Gerry Mulligan (baritone saxophone), Clark Terry (trumpet), Frank Rosolino (trombone), Jerome Richardson (saxophone), Grady Tate (drums), Ray Brown (bass), Chuck Rainey & Carol Kaye (fender bass), Robbi Porter (congas/bongos), and Emil Richard (percussion).
- Vocals by The Don Elliott Voices
- "When You Believe" by Bill Rinehart.
- Copyright 1969 20th Century Fox Film Corporation.