Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
16 copies available
|You Save:||$10.01 (67% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 23, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Grp Records
Down Beat - 5/93, p.423 Stars - Good - "...predictably mild, with pastel colors, breezy tempos, and just enough spice to keep the salsa from tasting bland..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Conquistador
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Jamboree
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Sand Castles
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Sea Breeze
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Dance Class
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Del Sol
- $0.99 on iTunes7.One Step Ahead
- $0.99 on iTunes8.El Peregrino / The Pilgrim :: The Pilgrim
- $0.99 on iTunes9.The Long Way Home
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Coastal Comfort
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Dave Samuels (vibraphone, marimba, synthesizers, percussion), Dave Valentin (flute), Javier Carrizo, Danilo Perez (piano), Jorge Strunz (guitar), Eliseo Borrero, Lincoln Goines (bass), Richie Morales (drums), Walfredo Reyes (drums, percussion), Long John Oliva, Sammy Figueroa (percussion), Andy Narell (steel drums).
Recorded at the Carriage House, Stamford, Connecticut and Gateway Sound, Santa Barbara, California, December 1992.
All songs written by Dave Samuels except "Dance Class" (Andy Narell) and "El Peregrino/The Pilgrim" (Jorge Strunz).
Personnel: Dave Samuels (synthesizer, vibraphone, marimba, percussion); Jorge Strunz (guitar); Dave Valentin (flute); Danilo P‚rez, Javier Carizzo (piano); Walfredo Reyes (drums, percussion); Richie Goines, Richie Morales (drums); Andy Narell (steel drum); Juanito Oliva, Long John Oliva, Sammy Figueroa (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Larry Swist.
Recording information: Carriage House, Stamford, CT (12/1992); Gateway Sound, Santa Barbara, C and C Beach (12/1992); The Carriage House, Stamford, C and C Beach (12/1992).
Illustrator: Theodor Lloyd Glazer.
Photographer: Steven Begleiter.
Vibraphonist Dave Samuels plays quite well on this CD but he is often overshadowed by his sidemen, especially pianist Danilo Perez, flutist Dave Valentin, guitarist Jorge Strunz and (on two numbers) steel drummer Andy Narell. The easy-listening music is pleasing and, due to the utilization of several groupings of players, there is a certain amount of variety. However the lack of any memorable melodies and real climaxes in the improvisations mean that this recording falls into the lightweight pop/jazz vein. A decent effort that could have been stronger. ~ Scott Yanow
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 38,132
- UPC: 011105969628
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Lofty Fake Anagram / A Genuine Tong Funeral (2-CD)
$16.04 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Curtis Fuller Boss of The Soul-Stream Trombone (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Barney Kessel Breakfast At Tiffany's / Bossa Nova / Contemporary Latin Rhythms (2-CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Gloria Lynne Gloria, Marty & Strings / After Hours (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duke Ellington Strayhorn Touch (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE