- Rated: Unrated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: January 15, 2008
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Lions Gate
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitled - English, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Alternate Scenes
- Audio Commentary (unrated) - Dane Cook - Star, Mark Helfrich - Director, Mike Karz - Producer, Josh Stolberg - Writer
- Bloopers: Gag Reel
- "Kama Sutra"
- "Frank the Penguin Actor"
- "All About the Penguins"
- Sex Matrix: 16 "Fierce Thrusting" Positions in an Interactive Matrix
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Standup comedian Dane Cook (EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH) stars in this romantic comedy as Charlie Logan, a successful dentist cursed with the affliction of having the women he dates fall in love with the next guy they meet. After a 1985 flashback reveals how, as a child, Charlie came to be hexed, the film finds the grown bachelor taking advantage of his predicament. Because he's never really loved any of the women he's dated, it doesn't hurt much when they leave. But when rumors start circulating that sleeping with Charlie is a lucky love charm, Charlie's popularity reaches new heights that even he, an experienced ladies' man, cannot keep up with. And this luck couldn't come at a worse time, as Charlie's just met his dream girl, penguin zookeeper Cam (Jessica Alba). Perhaps in Charlie's favor is the fact that Cam, despite her beauty and brains, happens to have a hex of her own--extreme clumsiness. Everywhere she goes, minor disaster quickly follows. Will Charlie be the next casualty of her accident-prone charm'
While GOOD LUCK CHUCK revolves mainly around a sweet and simple romance, it contains enough one-liners to amuse fans of Cook's standup routine. Though conversations between Charlie and his plastic-surgeon best bud Stu (Dan Fogler) are almost all about sex, the dynamic between Cam and her brother (played by 30 ROCK's Lonny Ross) is slightly more offbeat. The film's sex-driven humor leads to a surprisingly graphic sex-scene montage between Cook and a string of women eager to sleep with him if it means they'll find true love immediately afterwards.
- Theatrical Release - SEPTEMBER 21, 2007