- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 17, 2004
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "Making of"
- Audio Commentary: Martin Scorsese - Director, Mardik Martin - Writer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Chicago Sun-Times - 01/17/1993
"...Scorsese and Keitel have remained true to their first inspirations, maybe because right from the start they were working from what truly obsessed them..."
USA Today - 06/28/1991
"...Martin Scorsese's first feature is a truly seminal work....With a very good performance by Zina Bethune..."
Cinema legend Martin Scorsese makes his feature-film debut with this crude autobiographical drama that focuses on the relationship between a streetwise thug, who is hung up by his strict Catholic upbringing, and an independent young woman. Harvey Keitel--who also makes his big-screen debut--plays J.R., the conflicted protagonist. Scorsese's film, which introduces his oft-mimicked blend of flashy camera tricks and realistic dialogue, is the work of a major talent who is at the very beginning of his career.
Theatrical Release |
- Shot on location in Little Italy and Manhattan, New York City.
- Haig Manoogian was the department head of New York University's School of Film and Television, which Martin Scorsese attended.
- WHO'S THAT KNOCKING AT MY DOOR' was Martin Scorsese's feature length debut as well as actor Harvey Keitel's.