Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 5, 2012
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Note: Hoosier History documentary
- Original 1954 championship game
- Deleted scenes
- Audio commentary
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 02/27/1987
"...Irresistible....HOOSIERS is about as sweetly unself-conscious as a film can be..."
Variety - 10/15/1986
"...HOOSIERS is an involving tale....[The] lensing is excellent....[The] score is engaging and uncharacteristically throbbing..."
Los Angeles Times - 12/11/1986
"...It's as engaging, as modest, as utterly American and as thrilling as the true-life story it's based on..."
Total Film - 11/01/2003
"...There's lots to like..."
Premiere - 03/01/2005
"Immensely enjoyable....For those viewers who have dreamed of sinking that last big shot, or get misty-eye when their favorite team wins it all, HOOSIERS will look like a masterpiece."
Based on the incredible true story of how a small-town high school's basketball team became Indiana State Champs in 1954. This film follows the controversial outsider who came to town to teach high school history and coach basketball and who was not afraid to make big waves in a small pond. Academy Award Nominations: Best Supporting Actor--Dennis Hopper, Best Original Score.
Basketball is king in the small town of Hickory, Indiana, so local residents are outraged when the new coach makes a few unorthodox choices concerning the high school team. But the coach's mixture of patience and toughness eventually wins over the town, and succeeds in delivering the athletes to the state championship.
- Shot in CFI color.
- Additional cast: Fern Persons (Opal Fleener), Brad Boyle (Whit), Steve Hollar (Rade), Brad Long (Buddy), Kent Poole (Merle), Wade Schenck (Ollie), Scott Summers (Strap), and Maris Valainis (Jimmy).