Celtic Fiddle Festival Play On... (Live)
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Kevin Burke ~ Across the Black River ~ $15.29
- Released: February 21, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Green Linnet
- $0.99 on iTunes1.La Belle Catherine / Le Step A Ti-Phonse / Reel A Toto
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Leaving Brittany
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Arthur Darley's Swedish Jig / Stan Chapman's Jig
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Dans Fisel / Ar Bonomig
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Le Printemps / Maison De Glace
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Itzikel
- $0.99 on iTunes7.La Rachoudine / Reel A Tido
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Promenade / Sonny's Mazurka
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Planxty Whitbread / Lord Galway's Lamentation
- $0.99 on iTunes10.A March / Meloudia / Al Letanant Schmitt
- $0.99 on iTunes11.O'Carolan's Concerto / Loftus Jones
- $0.99 on iTunes12.An Droiou
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Kevin Burke (fiddle); Christian Lemaitre (fiddle); Andr‚ Brunet (fiddle); Ged Foley (guitar, acoustic guitar, fiddle).
Audio Mixers: Bernie Nau; Ged Foley.
Recording information: Artichoke Music, Portland, OR (03/2004); The Holly Theatre (03/2004); The Hollywood Theatre (03/2004).
Photographer: Owen Carey.
Arranger: Celtic Fiddle Festival.
After the death of founding member Johnny Cunningham, the future of this ensemble seemed uncertain. However, newcomer Andre Brunet adds his own unique flair to the fiddle trio's sound. The subtitle, PLAY ON, refers to the group's setbacks. But play on they do. Without a doubt, each piece on CELTIC FIDDLE FESTIVAL is inspired and well wrought. Made up of reel and jig medleys plus contemplative airs, this music breathes with all the heart and soul of ole Eire.
"Arthur Darley's Swedish Jig: Stan Chapman's Jig / Medley" is a superb example of this group in action. A celebratory jig, the fiddles play in perfect harmony. Moreover, Ged Foley's acoustic guitar adds just the right lift. Christian LeMaŒtre's homage to his homeland, "Leaving Brittany," is another highlight. Here, the fiddler's lone violin dances over sparse pizzicato accompaniment and pianissimo guitar chords. "Itzikel" sees the group stepping outside of the Celtic milieu as they play a minor-key Israeli folk song. Even so, the fiddlers do add some Celtic turnarounds to the piece. Overall, a diverse set of music is heard on CELTIC FIDDLE FESTIVAL. Each fiddler gets his moment in the spotlight and the ensemble work is superlative.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$1.98 on SALE