- Released: October 21, 2002
- Label: Green Linnet
- 1.Saddle The Pony / The Boys Of The Town / The Frost Is All Over
- 2.Barna Hill
- 3.The Old Reel / Drowsy Maggie / Kay Girroir
- 4.If We Had Built A Wall / The March Of Time
- 5.Down In Matewan / Lost Indian
- 6.Down By The Old Fairy Fort / The Whistler And His Dog
- 7.The Diamantina Drover
- 8.Art O'Keefe's / Forget Your Troubles / Joe Bane's / Kiskeam
- 9.Green Grows the Laurel
- 10.King Of The Pipers / Free And Easy / The House On The Hill / O'Keefe's
Patrick Street: Ged Foley (vocals, guitar); Andy Irvine (vocals, mandolin, bouzouki, harmonica); Kevin Burke (fiddle); Jackie Daly (accordion).
Additional personnel: Matt McElroy (banjo); Bruce Molsky (fiddle); Cal Scott (alto horn, cornet); Bernie Nau (piano); Steve Cooney (percussion); Gay Dalzell (background vocals).
Recorded at Peach Fork Studios, Pomeroy, Ohio.
As always, the musicianship between the four members of Patrick Street is impeccable, the songs are well-recorded, and the occasional contemporary songs fit in nicely with the central traditional material. Overall, Street Life is a nice extension to the Patrick Street catalog, but necessary only to collectors, as the album breaks little new ground for the band. Guest Cal Scott provides a nice surprise with his alto horn and coronet contributions on three of the ten tracks, especially on the lovely "Green Grows the Laurel"; however, the listener looking for a Patrick Street record which will guarantee repeated listening would be better off with their excellent 1989 effort, 3 Irish Times 3. ~ Gregory McIntosh