Patrick Street Compendium: The Best of Patrick Street
- Released: November 6, 2000
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Green Linnet
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Walsh's Polkas
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Jenny Picking Cockles / An Gabhran / Jack Keane's Reel
- $0.99 on iTunes3.The Dream / Indiana
- $0.99 on iTunes4.The White Petticoat / The Kerry Jig / Katy Is Waiting
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Stewball and the Monaghan Grey Mare
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Rainbow 'Mid the Willows
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Newmarket Polkas
- $0.99 on iTunes8.William Taylor
- $0.99 on iTunes9.The Set / La Cardeuse
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Brackagh Hill
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Killanin's Fancy / The Dash To Portobello / Anna Maculeen
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Lintheads / Lawrence Common
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Loftus Jones
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Music For a Found Harmonium
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Patrick Street includes: Gerry O'Beirne (vocals, guitar); Andy Irvine (vocals, bouzouki, hurdy gurdy, mandolin, mandola, harmonica); Ged Foley (guitar, fiddle, Northumbrian pipes, background vocals); Arty McGlynn (guitar); Kevin Burke (fiddle, background vocals); James Kelly (fiddle); DeClan Masterson (whistle, Uilleann pipes, keyboards); Jackie Daly (accordion, background vocals).
Producers: Donal Lunny, Patrick Street, Gerry O'Beirne, Bill Whelan, Ged Foley.
Includes liner notes by Kevin Burke.
Personnel: Gerry O'Beirne (vocals, guitar); Andy Irvine (vocals, bouzouki, hurdy-gurdy, mandola, mandolin, harmonica); Ged Foley (guitar, fiddle, background vocals); Arty McGlynn (guitar); Kevin Burke (fiddle, background vocals); James Kelly (fiddle); Declan Masterson (Uilleann pipe, keyboards); Jackie Daly (accordion, background vocals); D¢nal Lunny (keyboards, bodhran); Bill Whelan (keyboards, background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Ged Foley; Bernie Nau.
Audio Remixers: D¢nal Lunny; Andrew Boland.
Liner Note Author: Tim O'Brien.
Recording information: Homestead Studios (??/1986-11/1998); Landsdowne Studios, Dublin, Ireland (??/1986-11/1998); Mt. Hollywood Studio, Vermont (??/1986-11/1998); Soundmaster, Cork, Ireland (??/1986-11/1998); WindMill Lane Studios, Dublin, Ireland (??/1986-11/1998).
Photographer: Josh Pulman.
Arranger: Patrick Street.
After seven albums of top-notch reels, jigs, ballads, and polkas, Celtic supergroup Patrick Street have earned themselves a "greatest-hits" collection. Compendium: The Best of Patrick Street is a serviceable slice from an awfully big pie. For fans who have followed closely the careers of Andy Irvine, Kevin Burke, Arty McGlynn, and Jackie Daly, this anthology offers nothing new. For the uninitiated, however, it serves as a cohesive sampler of what these talented gentlemen are capable of. Although it features a fine balance of songs -- "William Taylor" -- and instrumentals -- "Loftus Jones" -- the exclusion of Gerry O'Beirne's "Strokestown" and "Land of the Patagarang," and the inclusion of the dynamically challenged live version of their peerless studio recording of Penguin Cafe Orchestra's "Music for a Found Harmonium"- makes this Best Of a "rest of". ~ James Christopher Monger
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$1.98 on SALE